Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speakers wont work??? Help please!

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Hello all, after some advise if possible. Today I fitted a sub and amp to my G/F's VR. It has a Pioneer KEH-P4025 tape and 6 stacker with 4 Pioneer 6" speakers. I fitted a pioneer amp and sony boxed sub. I wired it all up with components just sitting in the boot and everything worked fine. Turned unit off, fitted dash, amp, kick panels ect and now I have no output from the headunit to the speakers. The sub is still working. Wiring is all good, I disconnected the spaker wires from the H/U and tested with another speaker. I have tried disconnecting the amp wiring and still no good. Checked through the menu's to see if anything was muted but no go! Is there something internally that blows causing no sound? Is it worth paying someone to repair it and If not and I was to buy another unit how standardised are the stacker wires and plugs?

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
you might have to pull the HU back out and check out all ya wiring etc. coming out of it.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Yeh, there shouldnt be anything in menus or anyhting stopping it from working. You may have possibly blown the internal amp, but im no expert on that

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
for the most part just take a deep breath and relax a little.....

Pioneer has a nifty littl function to protect itself from twits ;) To me it sounds like one your speaker connections is touching metal or a power source.Check to make sure behind the headunit that there is no insulation shaved off of any wires. It's speaker protection mode. In theevent of something happening like this it will switch off the internal amplifier so it won't fry itself.