Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speakers???

Hopz

$B-RAD$
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
1998 VT S1 Exec
Hey guys just another stupid ass question whats the go with mounting 6x9 speakers to the rear parcel shelf? does anyone have any pictures or diagrams that could lead me in the right direction? and what size are all the door speakers yea your probably thinking just have a look yaself i cant haha the car is in phillip island
thanks guys
(oh and its a VT)

Last edited:

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
i got 6x9's in my parcel shelf but they came with the car has the parcel shelf got the grills for the speakers ? if not you needa either put some in or get a new shelf then yo just tek screw the 6x9's in :)

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Doors are 6" round in VT, people put 6.5" in with small modifications to the plastic behind the speaker.

6x9 holes are already in the parcel shelf but just spot welded on with 4 small welds, it can be knocked out by hand or a hammer but be careful of the window.
Other than that you will need to cut the parcel shelf (the top part) to fit grills. I think you need to leave about 1cm on the inside all around and then cut some holes for the clips to go in.

So if you were to install 6x9s you would probably just need some wiring and speaker grills, a jigsaw and thats about all I can think of.

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
haha mine was already done when i got the car, otherwise i woulda used them lol

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
yep they are! but 6x9 3 or 4 ways would go betta.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
for wiring, you should be able to leave the wiring in the rear doors and just cut and join the speaker wires in the base of the B pillar and run them to the parcel shelf.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
for wiring, you should be able to leave the wiring in the rear doors and just cut and join the speaker wires in the base of the B pillar and run them to the parcel shelf.

Yep, that's exactly what I did.