Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speakers

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
wondering what size the speakers are in the front kick panels?
(down by your feet.)

I get the suspision they are 4 inch (10cm)?

Is there any point replacing these or is it better to get 6 inch (16cm) for the door with later model pods and put some tweeters on the dash?

Lastly, is it possible to get old school factory 1985 speaker covers for the rear shelf? (to hide the new speakers?)

Thanks

AndrewOfNZ

Jimboss

Reaction score
I dunno about the stock ones, my VH didn't have speakers in the kick panel as standard, but i've got pioneer 6" ones in there, it's a tight fit, but if you measure it properly they will be ok in there.

As for the door, alot of people put the VR/VS door pods in, they look very good, and i am thinking of doing it on mine.

And i would have no idea about the speaker covers for the rear.

I hope i have helped at least a little bit.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
If you want some old school parts, best place is to try the wreckers, i picked up a board for my speakers yesterday for 5 dollars, its in good nic and i did the removal myself so the price was cut.

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I also have pioneer 6'' speakers in the kick pannels. as said above, it's a tight fit, but they definatly do fit, as for speaker covers.... I would check the wreckers, you can find some good quality stuff that is usually dirt cheap.
tweeters is the dash are also a very good idea.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I would just use the covers that come with new speakers when you buy them.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Speakers in kick panels? Are you kidding? Speakers are meant to be heard not some muffle crap sound beneath your feet that you kick 10 times every trip. Bung a couple of 6x9's in the rear and be happy.

Anyone heard what "hi-fi" used to sound like?

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Dam ppl and their sub woofers, who needs sub woofers when you can just have ya small speakers in the door pods and on the pacle shelf and be happy for some music and spend money on other things. Or just listen to some pure v8 power :D

Jimboss

Reaction score
I got two 6 inchers in the kick panels and 6x9's in the parcel shelf, the front speakers do lack a bit, would be alot better in the doors, but hey, at the time i couldn't be stuffed cutting up the door trim, and they give fairly decent sound, i'm certainly not complaining.

B

big_c_43

Pub24/7 said:
I would just use the covers that come with new speakers when you buy them.

That's wot i would do but it is hard to find good speakers that dont look like **** in your coz they dont match.

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I also have 6x9s in the back with 6'' in kickpannels, its a but muffeled but if you get some tweeters in the dash it sounds heaps better.