Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speakers

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
hello there
its my Bday on Monday and im hoping to buy some new speakers for my car with all my bday money.
i have a JVC 50x5 cd player an just standard speakers

whats some good brands that can hack real punk/rock been played really loud and clear?

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
well i use pioneer, listen to metal, rock, punk, and hardcore...they come up an absolute treat!

also one of my mates has clarion 6x9's in the parcel shelf with alpine 4's in the front doors in his little old pulsar. they are alrite aswell.

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
hmmm... can't say what's good, but I have a pair of kenwwod coaxials, and I don't recommend them for anything loud

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
hey dude how's it going? i'm assuming your not looking at spending too much and just want to run a nice set of speakers off of the headunit rather than going to the trouble of external amplifier and all that jazz. Personally i'm running pioneers, but i've heard that alpine and mtx i believe both make some good sounding speakers for that category of music. I wouldn't normally recommend mainstream brands, but for this sort of music this is just what i've heard from a number of well informed people.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
i say this all the time. make up a cd of rock/punk etc, go into a shop and listen to speakers. And make sure theyre not running through an amp on a demo board, coz it will sound better that way

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
and make sure that the songs u choose that will really punish the speakers, take them to their limits :w00t:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
grab some clarion 6x9's...you can pick up some nice ones without blowing the budget.