Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speakers

M

Makaveli

Hi. Was hoping for some help with removing the speaker covers from my VT. I know I am a simpleton but a little help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Basically, to get to the speakers you are going to have to remove the door trims.

This is how the door trims are removed:

1.Remove the window winder (unless u r like me and have power windows :D ) To make this job easy go to holden and buy a handle removing tool (relatively inexpensive. Or you can use the other method which involves a rag (I'd advise using tool). With the tool (or Rag) you willl need to prise out the clip behind the handle.

2.Remove the door handle. Prise off the small screw cover on the plastic cover ( thin screwdriver works well) then you will see a screw underneath the cover, unscrew this.

3.Remove lock. The little orange tabs need to be prised out ( I would recommend buying replacement clips for these whilst at holden because they will be damaged whilst removing.They are very cheap to buy.) Now remove screw and lift off the button.

4. For driver's side, remove power mirrors. Simply prise out with small screwdriver.

5. Remove plastic mirror covers. Another case of prising off with screwdriver.

6.Remove all door trim screws. From memory they is one in middle and bottom of both left and right hand sides of trims and three in the bottom of trim.

7.Press on the middle of door to release the door trim clip. Now carefully lift door trim remembering to disconnect any wiring connectors eg. power windows/ mirrors.

And thats all there is to it. Might sound a bit daunting but it is rather easy so give it a go. If you need anymore help just let me know. BTW refitting the trim is just a simple case ov reversing the removal procedure.