Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Specific tyre choices

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
hey not on the subject at all.. lol.. but i have been tryin to get a picture at the bottom of my posts and i juct canot figure out how to do it???

how did u get your stato there Morton?

can u give step by step..thanks...

You need to donate :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Please, with the 225 you'll be squeezing them on and getting some extra sidewall flex.

Ok.

Well how much do you reckon it'd cost me to get one of you guys to buy 4 for me and send them up to sydney in a nice little package with a cute bow :p

I'm 99.9% percent sure you will be able to get Highway max tyres in Sydney. It says on the website "Besides distributing product throughout Australia we also export our remoulds and retreads to Southern Asia and the Pacific Islands"

I live 400ks from Melbourne and I can get them from any tyre shop around here (they order them for me), just give them a call and ask where you get them in Sydney

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Well, I'll have a look around.

But after some thought, dad's been running the Pirelli Centura P6s on his work car after they stopped producing the P6000s, and honestly, they seem to stick like **** to a blanket.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well buy those then :), Me Morton and Luke can keep Highway tyres in buisness :p

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
hey mate, i have (or had) p6000's too, didnt they replace them with p6's? One one set of my wheels i've got p6000's and p6's.

Well buy those then :), Me Morton and Luke can keep Highway tyres in buisness :p

I will try the Highway Maxes one day...but for now, my cars now making ludicrous amounts of power, so I'm sure the P6s should be up to the task

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
If you want a talk on Highway Max Tyres from a person running ludicrous amounts of power, talk to VN_Luke :p

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Oh yes, because our cars our VERY similar :p

360Rwkw compared to like 110rwkw :p

Tamperer#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8 "just needs a little love"
oh dear... you crazy bastards are flogging the arse off your cars on RETREADS?? are you familiar with the aspects of TREAD SEPARATION?? not a pleasurable experience at speed i assure you, also kiss your paintwork (or your whole car) goodbye when they do peel off. fair enuff if your just going to the shops and back in your datto 120Y but why the hell would wou risk it on your pride and joys?? and before i get a heap of responses saying "yada yada ive run retreads on all my cars and never had a problem" youre just lucky.
Ive been in the tyre industry longer than i care to remember now and have seen more than my fair share of shitty retreads letting go, and dont be fooled by the pretty sidewall stamping on remoulds, there still just as **** and priced slightly higher. my work wont even deal in retreads except for trucks. (and yeah there just as dodgy)

for under $100 per corner you can get yourself a decent set of Kuhmos in 15inch. getting twice the life as you would from a retread and being a silica compound they grip like hell

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
They are REMOULDS and I've seen heaps of pairs of them at 220km/h in burnout comps while almost on fire and they seperate at the exact same time as normal tires, they are strong enough for me, strong enough for anyone. Luke had them at the drags the other day with 120mph terminal speed in a 350 rwkw car and they were spot on, we've all been abusing them for years and never had a single tyre fail. When you can show me a failed highway max I'll pay attention *slightly* but you wont be able to