Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speco gauge, sensor line to short?

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
hey, i just installed an oil pressure and water temp gauge in my vp under the stezza, as there mechanical the water temp sensor is to short and the line can't be lengthened, is it possible to hook it into a heater hose or wouldn't it give an accurate reading

for the oil pressure, is there some where at the back of the engine to plug it into or i'll just get another length of oil line and lengthen it.

i think they may be long enough if i mount them up on the dash but i like the look of them in the part i installed them in.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
hey, i just installed an oil pressure and water temp gauge in my vp under the stezza, as there mechanical the water temp sensor is to short and the line can't be lengthened, is it possible to hook it into a heater hose or wouldn't it give an accurate reading

for the oil pressure, is there some where at the back of the engine to plug it into or i'll just get another length of oil line and lengthen it.

i think they may be long enough if i mount them up on the dash but i like the look of them in the part i installed them in.

They're probably too short because most mechanical gauges are not meant to be used inside the cabin. i know mechanical oil and fuel gauges are illegal to use in the cabin, not sure about water.

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
the water should be legal though as it's all one sealed unit. the oil pressure isn't legal but i can get a longer line for it.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
i would never use a speco mechanical oil pressure gauge in the cabin, the nylon hose it comes with it pathetic, it kinks and break way too easy. its ok if u like hot oil spouting all over your cabin. I actually bought some yesterday to use for my boost gauge, i took it back not evan good enough for vaccum.