Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Specs of standard VF SS cats

ads_german

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can confirm the specs of standard VF cats as used on the SS? I'm guessing/hoping they'd be 400 CPSI, Euro 4 ceramic core units? I'm actually looking at using a pair on a supercharged Mitsubishi 6G75 motor to try and help pass emissions testing (currently has aftermarket 200 cell metal cats and failed initial testing).

I've found a pair on offer for $150 which seems pretty reasonable I thought? Can anyone see any issues with modifying the intake pipe so it enters roughly straight rather than off at almost 90 degrees like it does from the VF exhaust manifolds?

VF%20Cats.PNG

Cheers,
Adam.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes same spec. Good idea to re-jig the entry port angle.

ads_german

Reaction score
Fantastic, thanks PIR4TE. Now to check with my exhaust fitter if he thinks we can squeeze a pair of these in the tunnel in the Mitsi - might have to stagger them a little to fit I think. Will be a big relief if I can get this car registered - starting to wish I'd stuck with my original plan of getting back into a Commodore...

Cheers,
Adam.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Seeing as you are in Perth, try formula tech in bibra lake, they change heaps and will probable give you a set.

ads_german

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion arronm, I'll give them a try first then. Every dollar I can save getting this car registered is one less argument with the wife... :axe:

Can anyone also confirm if I'm correct in my understanding that it's just the pair of cats on a VF? I.e. they're not pre-cats as part of a two-stage system with more cats further back are they? Everything I have found on the net indicates just a pair, but I haven't confirmed this in any official Holden specs.