Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed alert and BT1/9C1 Speedo LED conversions

plgradw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 8VK19-BT1
Hello folks.

Has anyone done a LED conversion on the VS speed alert, and the little Speedo needle light on A police pack Speedo?

If so, can I ask for a little direction on finding appropriate LED bulbs to suit?

It'd be nice to make the speed alert and Speedo needle brighter on my BT1.

Cheers, Paul.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
One thing that I'm amazed at and that is I've never seen a Speed alert unit with failed illumination, and considering they are on all the time while the car is running gives this a huge tick for reliability. I'm sure they could have LED's fitted as all the other bulbs in the car have equivalents in the LED range, which one for this application, that I'm not sure of though, but I'm sure someone will chime in with the right info for you.

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
SMD are the best for brightness, I think there a place that can fit out your cluster for you, try Google, if your going to remove the needles then before doing so use a grey-lead pencil and mark the resting spot for when comes to replacement you can line them up before pushing on, place a kitchen fork behind the needle and pop them off to remove the panel to access any globes that are not serviceable from behind.
If the needle is red then you can scrape that off and buy white needle paint. Stick on strips from behind work well, make sure on color choice as primary colors mixed can make it look yuk, for example red and blue light make purple.
Good luck.