Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Alert, Speedometer.

Elliot Bout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Utility
Is everyone aware of the speed alert being able to be changed to a speedo?
If so, does anyone know how to make it permanent?
Thanks,
Elliot

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Is everyone aware of the speed alert being able to be changed to a speedo?
If so, does anyone know how to make it permanent?
Thanks,
Elliot

I think you have to turn it on each time you start the car:thumbsup:

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
I think you have to turn it on each time you start the car:thumbsup:

Yes and no....

Temporary: HOLD the "up" and "down" buttons whilst you start the car.
Permament: HOLD all 3 buttons.

Note: in temporary mode... pressing any of the 3 buttons will disengage the digital speedo
In permanent mode, the light does not flash, nor will it be on... but to remove it... you have to repeat the startup process and hold all 3 buttons on startup.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
^^^^ Exactly as above. I just sold my VS S Pack after 3 years and I only ever had the speed alert displaying the digital speedo.

Hold down the 3 buttons and turn ignition to on. After it beeps, I think you may have to then just hit middle button which is mode/set, then its on permanent until you do that same procedure again, or until the battery is disconnected and then you have to just run through the steps again.

Last edited:

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Yes and no....

Temporary: HOLD the "up" and "down" buttons whilst you start the car.
Permament: HOLD all 3 buttons.

Note: in temporary mode... pressing any of the 3 buttons will disengage the digital speedo
In permanent mode, the light does not flash, nor will it be on... but to remove it... you have to repeat the startup process and hold all 3 buttons on startup.

Does anyone know whether this will work with the VY exec? Thanks.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
The only way to get the digital speedo working full time in the VY is to go to Holden or someone with a tech 2 computer handpiece and get them to put the computer into police spec mode. This mode gets rid of the speed alert and replaces it with a digital speedo. This is a permanent change until ofcourse somebody with a tech 2 handpiece changes it back to speed alert. Hope that helps.

Matt

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
The only way to get the digital speedo working full time in the VY is to go to Holden or someone with a tech 2 computer handpiece and get them to put the computer into police spec mode. This mode gets rid of the speed alert and replaces it with a digital speedo. This is a permanent change until ofcourse somebody with a tech 2 handpiece changes it back to speed alert. Hope that helps.

Matt

Thank you, I thought that was the case, was just hoping I was wrong when I read that it could be done so easily with vr/vs.