Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed bump logic?

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
lol My old car used to get beached on speed humps, even subtle ones, with one passenger in the back seat the tailshaft used to rub on the body, at the Marion Shopping Centre in SA (ADL guys will know it) i used to take a run up to stop me getting beached everytime i went in there...

My street has speed humps in it, and it doesnt phase me now, it shits me when people go flat chat down the street, airbourne off each one, there are kids in the street, and children are stupid....

cracker

Reaction score
we got them in my street about year ago...probley had something todo with mine and my mates cars/bikes.... **** they are annoying

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
we have them in the street next to us because the local mp lives there and she was sick of everyone cruising past fast

good to see they focus on her street and not upgrading the roads that auctully need to be upgraded

(sarchasm)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
we have them in the street next to us because the local mp lives there and she was sick of everyone cruising past fast

good to see they focus on her street and not upgrading the roads that auctully need to be upgraded

(sarchasm)

(sarcasm).

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
lol My old car used to get beached on speed humps, even subtle ones, with one passenger in the back seat the tailshaft used to rub on the body, at the Marion Shopping Centre in SA (ADL guys will know it) i used to take a run up to stop me getting beached everytime i went in there...

My street has speed humps in it, and it doesnt phase me now, it shits me when people go flat chat down the street, airbourne off each one, there are kids in the street, and children are stupid....

there are some corkers in the shopping centres down adelaide.

beached as hey? hope it didnt chup your side skirts :p

LisnM8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5Litre
the ones at my trade school are killer. 4 speed humps in a matter of 100 meters. overkill?

Has anyone watched everyone leave trade skool????prolly need more speed humps :whistling....
As for the speed humps, ones near work are F&*ked there the black rubber ones they have two one on each side of the road, trucks drive over them, work vans in between them only my stupid commodore hits em aaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh. Mind you the road "chambers rd in altona" is rat **** but they spend money on speed humps and not fix the real problem....
Am so fed up i nearly complained to the council lol

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
haha i gotta get of the ones at the local pub..6 within 20m....i kid you not, 2 sets of 3

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
the ones at the shopping centre i work in are really narrow and high, also made out of checkerplate metal.

my car's legal ride height at all points, and it scuffs my cats when i go over them. have to hit them at ~30 degree angles.

I know westfield in airport west (i think thats the suburb) has possibly the 2nd worst speed bumpers i have seen, my mates car hardly ever scrapes and he scraped from front to back.... id be screwed in my car lol
The worst one so far is in a little shopping centre in gladston park(spelling?), my mates wrx always got beached and that thing is lowered but higher then the legal limit, no **** it was higher then a gutter! if he didn't have awd for the front wheels to pull him off the hump he would of been beached...

Also, lowered cars, my rule with driveways/speedhumps/anything is hit them at about a 30-45 degree angle...