Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed camera ENDANGERING LIVES on pt expressway

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
coming home from work today ( and wednesday arvo too) there were two speed cameras on opposite sides of the expressway, im not against speed cameras but i am when its causing danger to motorists, all the traffic was slowing right down to walking pace going past the camera car then picking their speed up after it. The traffic was banked up for kilometers increasing the chance of rear end collisions by a heap, walking pace traffic ( for no reason on a 90km/h road mixed in with rain and darkness is asking for disaster)

i dont know who controls where they get put and its not their fault that the motorist are slowing down for them but c'mon, use some common sence, if its causing danger ( which clearly it was, why do it?)

ok had my rant :p

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
So the cameras shouldnt be there to allow people to speed over 90k's (would be more dangerous)? The slower you drive the safer it is. Thats if people are decent drivers and are actually aware of whats goin on on the road and not tailgating. It does suck being slowed down of a freeway especially one so busy but thats life.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
The slower you drive the safer it is.

any speed more than 10-15km/h under the speed limit increases the chances of an accident considerably and is also a finable offense especially when causing other vehicles to do the same.
we are all aware of what the speed cameras are for and maintaining a 90km/h speed past the camera is perfectly legal.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
any speed more than 10-15km/h under the speed limit increases the chances of an accident considerably and is also a finable offense especially when causing other vehicles to do the same.
we are all aware of what the speed cameras are for and maintaining a 90km/h speed past the camera is perfectly legal.

totaly agree, i'm sure the cops would have been thinking "COMEON! speed up!"

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Old man was coming home thursday night and got stuck in traffic because some idiot jumped on the brakes when he saw a camera causing a 3 car pile up.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
About 8 years ago was in the car while mum was driving to DFO. All of a sudden some idiot in a Rav4 ran up our arse. Reason for the crash: He was looking at the camera car parked up on the side of the road.

As soon as the crash occured the camera car operator packed up and buggered off.

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
those cameras were there on thursdaya dn friday mornings casuing massive tailbacks too was bullshit

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
If you have a problem with the location bring it to your states Traffic Camera Office.

The National Safety Guidelines state that they have to be placed in black spot areas or high risk collision areas. Many states also can have areas approved by a senior [in vic a Sergeant TMU officer or greater] officer.

Just for anyone viewing, in Vic, here are the regulations on placement [current as of today as well]: http://211.28.34.4:6080/JustCommodores/pdfs/Mobile%20Camera%20Locations%20October%202007.pdf

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
i dont know who controls where they get put and its not their fault that the motorist are slowing down for them but c'mon, use some common sence, if its causing danger ( which clearly it was, why do it?)
believe me when i say not one single camera operator in the country gives a **** about causing accidents, all they want is money. i was popped by a camera on manly road (brisbane) about a month back, on a slight hill so the flash was at eye level, total darkness aside from my headlights. anyway, flash went off and i was blinded for about 5 mins afterward. no point bringin it up and tryin to have the fine voided for danger to traffic, they just want speeders at any cost