Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Cameras in POI (no alert)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Okay just had mine done. Dec 2013 build Calais. Mylink updates (have the reversing lines) and the map upgraded. I have checked the software was loaded as per earlier screenshots. No camera alerts. There is no option under config or in POIs to turn them on and they don't appear on the map. Same with school zones Railway etc. So there we go.
****!! What a Bummer.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
How come new 2017 builds are showing camera alerts and from a previous post from GM customer care the new map updates will have camera alerts? Is it because you are VF1?

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
How come new 2017 builds are showing camera alerts and from a previous post from GM customer care the new map updates will have camera alerts? Is it because you are VF1?
Yes, it seems only has alerts for 2016 and 17 builds.

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Did anyone get their map update for free? my car was delivered 10/12/16 and has 5,000km. All dealers said no you have to pay. I contacted customer service and they have said they will cover the cost and given me a reference number to give to any dealer. Pretty happy with that!!

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Did anyone get their map update for free? my car was delivered 10/12/16 and has 5,000km. All dealers said no you have to pay. I contacted customer service and they have said they will cover the cost and given me a reference number to give to any dealer. Pretty happy with that!!

Dealer didn't finish a minor prob with mine so has kept it overnight (MY16). I am getting the map update but without being specifically told, I thought it was a freebie (as according to them my car should have had POI camera).

How did you contact customer service (online, phone...?)

Perhaps I should go prepared.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I have received an email back from Holden when asking them about the map update and the camera POI on my MY16 (does not currently have camera POIs or alerts available):

Myself and our TAC team have looked into your VIN on our system and have seen that your vehicle is eligible for an update on the navigation system. I have also looked into the Safety/ speed camera POI, to get this feature the software in the infotainment unit (not navigation software) will need to be updated via the service department at your local Holden dealership. You will need to speak to your local Holden dealership for further information in regards to this matter.

So the Camera POI is a software update, not a map update and needs to be done separately. According to this email it can be done... so I'll check with my Holden dealer next time I have a service (which won't be for a couple of months).

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
How did you contact customer service (online said:
Does Anyone have the Phone Number to call them if Needed for this Issue in the Near Future.
Thanks

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Myself and our TAC team have looked into your VIN on our system and have seen that your vehicle is eligible for an update on the navigation system. I have also looked into the Safety/ speed camera POI, to get this feature the software in the infotainment unit (not navigation software) will need to be updated via the service department at your local Holden dealership. You will need to speak to your local Holden dealership for further information in regards to this matter.

So the Camera POI is a software update, not a map update and needs to be done separately
I would like to know the reason why,,,,,,,, considering the speed camera POI is a separate update not with the Navigation Software why it cannot be used on a Early Models before 2016 with the latest Software for Navigation.
Can they do it or if its a case that They Don't want to do it on Earlier Models.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I would like to know the reason why,,,,,,,, considering the speed camera POI is a separate update not with the Navigation Software why it cannot be used on a Early Models before 2016 with the latest Software for Navigation.
Can they do it or if its a case that They Don't want to do it on Earlier Models.

Email [email protected] with your VIN number and the question... hopefully they can tell you.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Right, so Im not going mad then! Iv not seen it in added to 13,14 or 15.

I 'guess' its something they may bring into the earlier models, since it can be done.
I found one November 2015 VF where it works. So maybe very late 2015 builds are okay.