Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
the worst is yet to come

anyone heard about the new camera's
i got given a heads up about them by a reliable source still yet to see em but there bing triald

the thing about tese ones is it ruins all your securities we previously had with location mobile camera that if you go through with another car in the pic they cat fine you cause they dont know which one was speeding

but here the new system these new camera's are no biggwer than your average size tin letter box heres the new features
-they can dicifer between lanes of traffic and speed of each veichle in each lane
-they can get traffic coming to and from the camera set up
-they are mobile and not needing a car to house them they can walk up and just put one on any place be it pole street light street sign crash barrier anything and it works fine
-they are capible of catching 8 lanes of traffic at any one time be it 8 lanes away or 4lanes away from and coming too the camera
-there all done by infer red so no flash is needed even at night

so theres just a heads up on whats still yet to come its being put through the running mill atm with no release date set

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
If speeding was such a big problem then why hasnt the road toll gone down since cameras were introduced. People dont exceed the speed limit anywhere near as often as they used to. When I first started driving EVERYONE used to do 10 or 20 over, now its only about 10% of drivers speeding. I agree that it is all revenue raising because it hasnt worked yet they still persist in saying it is a big problem instead of admiting that it isnt as big a problem as first thought and move onto something else to reduce the road toll. It is the state governments that are playing with peoples lives by having a singular focus on speeding at the expense of policing in other areas that DO cost lives.

Here in QLD alcohol and drugs cause about 38% of fatalities and speeding about 16% but the police only spend about 30% more time on RBT's. Changing the blood alcohol limit to zero would have more of an impact on the road toll as you wouldnt have people driving and thinking they are under the limit.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
smokey_dj said:
the worst is yet to come

anyone heard about the new camera's
i got given a heads up about them by a reliable source still yet to see em but there bing triald

the thing about tese ones is it ruins all your securities we previously had with location mobile camera that if you go through with another car in the pic they cat fine you cause they dont know which one was speeding

but here the new system these new camera's are no biggwer than your average size tin letter box heres the new features
-they can dicifer between lanes of traffic and speed of each veichle in each lane
-they can get traffic coming to and from the camera set up
-they are mobile and not needing a car to house them they can walk up and just put one on any place be it pole street light street sign crash barrier anything and it works fine
-they are capible of catching 8 lanes of traffic at any one time be it 8 lanes away or 4lanes away from and coming too the camera
-there all done by infer red so no flash is needed even at night

so theres just a heads up on whats still yet to come its being put through the running mill atm with no release date set

Can you please explain how it it doesnt need a flash because its all done by 'infer red' which I presume you mean infra red? They will always need a flash at night. Even with night vision cameras, with the headlights of a car the night vision camera would be unable to focus on the number plate for it to be readable, especially on a moving object.

Also, there is too much inaccuracy involved if it is catching 8 lanes of traffic at once, no matter what the technology, this would never be approved because there is simply too much room for error.

Also it may be mobile, but basically so is a normal camera. The point is they are not just going to leave such a highly expensive peice of equipment on a light pole or something by itself... How long do you think it would be before someone stole it, vandalised it or some guy that just got done for speeding came back and wrecked it?

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
yeah spelling shocking i know big night out LOLOLOL but yeah i can see where your coming from look im just passing on the 2nd hand info that is from a reliable source im not saying i know this is all in concrete fact but its just the new features that were being explained 2 me

and yeah i even said to him about just leaving it somewhere
i assume someone would still be with in eye shot watching over it but it will probly be a more sneaky war like eg...

camera on a pole on a 4 lane hwy put out front of the kfc that happens to be close to the pole and the operator doesnt leave a new car within 10 yrs of being made that looks like alot of others without a nick or dent on it so everyone slowing down no he just sits inside by the window watches over the camera and reads the paper ?? thats what it seems it will come down to but it depends on 2 things

1 will they be smart enough to think like that

2 will the tech go through in the first place only time will tell i guess if i hear anything else ill keep us all posted

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
if it wasn't revenue raising then flashing your high beams to warn of a radar wouldn't be an offence.

they both achieve the same effect as far as slowing people down.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
anything that stops someone who was speeding from getting caught removes the punishment. If you slow down for 100 metres until you pass the camera then where is the punishment?? I never speed (up to 5 k over occasionally by accident, cruise control downhill, etc) and therefore have never received a speeding fine.

You can make all the excuses you like and complain bitterly about how its all revenue raising. BOO FRIGGIN HOO! I dont care what ANYBODY says, it is SIMPLE!

If you don't like getting fined, then DON'T F@#KING SPEED!

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i haven't had a speeding ticket since 1994:p

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
One question about the cameras on the hume freeway just north of Melbourne (Between Melbourne and Seymour, about 8 sets). Are these camera's time camera's (I.E time traveled Between several camera points), Or are these just speed camera's that go off if you speed past them???

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
1991_Vn2nV said:
Can you please explain how it it doesnt need a flash because its all done by 'infer red' which I presume you mean infra red? They will always need a flash at night. Even with night vision cameras, with the headlights of a car the night vision camera would be unable to focus on the number plate for it to be readable, especially on a moving object.

Correct me if i'm wrong but dont the camera's only capture the rear of the vehicle, something about not being able to capture the drivers face? and the car doesnt have number plate lights on the front, unlike the back, which wouldnt need a flash for the camera.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
If speed cameras were for the sole purpose of reducing speed, then we'd all have mandatory GPS style locators or black boxes that record time, distance travelled, speed etc, or we'd just have speed limiters. Which just goes to prove that cameras are for the purpose of making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.