Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
I know alot of people, including myself, hate speed cameras. Not because I speed but just because they are so blatantly used for revenue raising but authorities STILL continue to argue that they are not, I am yet to see where ANY of the money collected from speeding fines has gone to improving roads etc. And also the inaccuracy of them, the carelesness of operators when setting them up, cameras too close to one another etc etc etc and the list goes on and on and on and on! Anyway, that was just my little venting session, the reason i started this thread is to ask what the red light on speed cameras is?? I was driving down the hume highway tonight where they have more than a few set up and my speedo was sitting just below 110 (in a 110 zone) and just previously had passed a speed check which showed 109 (car was on cruise control). Anyway, as i drove past the cameras i saw a red light come on, kind of like a barcode scanner. Maybe it was just a reflection of my lights? Anyway they didnt flash, But im still a little worried about it. If i was caught "speeding" they would have flashed right?

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
almost certain that they have to flash to catch u at night
might of been a laser or something? I wouldn't worry 'bout it unless u see a flash

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Definitely no flash. It was pitch black and the cameras are facing you rather than the back of your car, would have blinded me if they did flash haha. Thanks DeiCide, put my mind at ease!

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
It's a shame there's not a "no indicator camera" or a "80 in the right hand lane" camera! If speeding was truely the cause of so many accients we'd be speed limited by now. I still struggle with the fact that a 60 tonne truck can travel on ou disgraceful highway system at the same speed as a car???? I'm just venting too i guess!!!! Shouldn't have started!!!!! IT IS NOT REVENUE RAISING though, it's all about making it safer, isn't that right governments!

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
SSMarine said:
I still struggle with the fact that a 60 tonne truck can travel on our disgraceful highway system at the same speed as a car????

Too right! And they can travel in any lane. I can't get used to it after living in the UK where trucks are limited to 56mph and on motorways they can only use the left hand 2 lanes.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I got done for speeding on the way to uni the other day, 72 in a 60 zone. The police were hiding behind a bus stop behind some trees as well wit a radar gone just pointing out the side.

If its not purely for revenue raising, why do they hide like that? There was no speed camera sign after it either.

It also shits me that its illegal to flash oncoming drivers to warn them of speed cameras... Once again if it wasnt purely for revenue raising, why would they care? Its stopping people from speeding if you warn them...

P

payne

DeiCide said:
almost certain that they have to flash to catch u at night
might of been a laser or something? I wouldn't worry 'bout it unless u see a flash
yeah its a big red flash cant miss it, pretty sure it is some kinda laser i got done like 6 weeks ago 70 in a 60 zone havent recieved no fine yet tho, and yer it was a camera coz i went back to go get it but as usual there was a bloke there behind the bushes

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
At the risk of sounding like a complete arse, if you don't speed you'll have nothing to worry about.

That said, we all do, at some point. If the police didn't hide, and people did see them, there would be no point in them being there!

So flame me (puts on flameproof suit) :shooting: :flame:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
jack.mcintyre said:
At the risk of sounding like a complete arse, if you don't speed you'll have nothing to worry about.

That said, we all do, at some point. If the police didn't hide, and people did see them, there would be no point in them being there!

So flame me (puts on flameproof suit) :shooting: :flame:

If people saw the police then obviously they are going to slow down and stop speeding... Which is exactly the point, to stop people speeding.

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Love them, or hate them, but unfortunately, they work.
They've slowed me down. :ranting:

Status
Not open for further replies.