Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed cams catching more than speeding

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
Has anyone on here heard of speed cameras catching you for things other than speeding.
I was informed by a workmate today of a story his mate told him. I don't believe it or see how it possible but ill repeat the story and see if anybody has seen/heard or can confirm it.

STORY
Mate drove past a camera van at the speed limit and it flashed. Didn't believe it so drove past again at speed limit and flash. Drove past one more time to get to work but supposedly filmed it for proof (never seen). 3 weeks later 'supposedly got 3 fines for not wearing a seat belt.
Same workmate reckons another of his matse has been flashed for arm out the window.

I argued with my workmate for a fair while but he insisted it was true haha.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
There was probably an undercover cop on a corner somewhere telling the van which cars to flash. There is a van that is always in Mornington that scans car rego, licenses and outstanding warrants, with coppers waiting up the road to pull you over.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Yeah, Ive heard a lot of what Aaron said in Sydney, They have police in hoodies and so forth sitting in bus stops radioing to police up ahead any people that are on the phone, blocking intersections etc... then its just a simple matter of pulling them up 50m down the road..

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Has anyone on here heard of speed cameras catching you for things other than speeding.
I was informed by a workmate today of a story his mate told him. I don't believe it or see how it possible but ill repeat the story and see if anybody has seen/heard or can confirm it.

STORY
Mate drove past a camera van at the speed limit and it flashed. Didn't believe it so drove past again at speed limit and flash. Drove past one more time to get to work but supposedly filmed it for proof (never seen). 3 weeks later 'supposedly got 3 fines for not wearing a seat belt.
Same workmate reckons another of his matse has been flashed for arm out the window.

I argued with my workmate for a fair while but he insisted it was true haha.

That f'ing funny. So he drove past it 3 times to see what was happening and he got done 3 times for no seatbelt, curiosity killed the cat, or wallet in this case.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
that story is years old mate.

I was told that by someone who it apparently happened to a family member like 5 years ago, i doubt its true

MJC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
i dont know about all of that however i do know someone who recieved a fine for not wearing a seat belt and going through a red light camera at once

Daggy082

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8
i dont know about all of that however i do know someone who recieved a fine for not wearing a seat belt and going through a red light camera at once

He would have been done for going through the red light and on reviewing it they would have seen that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and got him 4 that too.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Like Big Simmo I have heard that story recounted a number of times by different people.

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
I couldn't believe how adamant he was about it. Even when I pointed out that the camera would not have been able to see inside the car from behind and I really doubt they could see that clearly from the front