Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed sensor fault

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Put your memcal in it and plug it in and fire it up

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
Thanks guys, I’ll put the other dfi in when I get home next week & try that. Also the left mounting screw is stripped out on the ecu mounting plate. I doubt that would cause an issue with earthing as it’s a plastic mount if I remember correctly. Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated, we’ll get it sorted one day.

Cheers.........Pete.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
Well I put the other DFI unit in & it started first kick, (it has been winding over for a bit before starting with the old DFI). I took it for a run of about 70k’s & it is finally running sweet, no hiccups at all & no faults coming up. Let’s hope it is fixed now. I’ll order a brand new DFI for it just to know it is new.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
Just a question guys, what would be the best DFI module to buy for this engine. I’m hoping to supercharge it in the future & not sure if I should wait or if there is a DFI that would suit both systems.
Cheers.........Pete.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Delphi are the go. If SC at some point then upgrade the coils.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
Ok so I don’t need to change the DFI for a SC, just upgrade the coils. I usually try & buy Delphi but I thought there may have been a better one out there. Thanks for the reply.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd be interested in your SC mod, what set up are you thinking of adding? If you go SC make a thread of it as I'm kinda thinking about an SC myself but not decided as anything decent costs' a mint.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
That’s a nice looking setup alright. I’ll definitely do a thread when I get my head around how I want to go with it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You can run a small SC14 gains won't be much though. I am considering the upgrade but it requires mounting brackets, which unless you find some already made could blow the cost out a fair bit more than the 800 bucks for the charger alone. Unless your handy and can make your own. I'm not able to weld or mill so I'd have to pay. Apparently there are turbo kits fairly cheap but I haven't looked into them.