Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding at easter time

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
As you know every year at easter the speeding message is rammed down everyones throats
Well today I was travelling south bound with my wife on the Bruce Highway near the Pine Rivers bridge doing the speed limit (100kph) when a late model blue van came flying up the side of me
I had to take a second look at it when I seen it had "every K over is a killer" plastered all over the side of it
It was a mobile speed camera Van !
We watched it overtake every car in front of us and get a good kilometer ahead of the nearest car before it branch off heading towards the gateway
(it was a shame I didnt have my camera to film it )
I hoping of on his mates that usually sit down that way got his photo

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
well being in the business they would have known there wasnt any speed cameras around there so what the hey... even if they were that fine would just happen to disappear

its the good ol' 'do as i say, not as i do'

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I had to take a second look at it when I seen it had "every K over is a killer" plastered all over the side of it

maybe he was just trying to get the "every K over is a killer" message to as many people as possible lol

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
yep lead by example lol

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I only spend a few hours on the road yesterday and the fuzz were every where around Adelaide. Gotta wonder where they all are on a normal weekend :)

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
yeah spotted a cop with a speed gun in the dark on south road between seaford and aldinga, they are EVERYWHERE right now, its crazy

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
As you know every year at easter the speeding message is rammed down everyones throats
Well today I was travelling south bound with my wife on the Bruce Highway near the Pine Rivers bridge doing the speed limit (100kph) when a late model blue van came flying up the side of me
It was a mobile speed camera Van !
We watched it overtake every car in front of us and get a good kilometer ahead of the nearest car before it branch off heading towards the gateway
(it was a shame I didnt have my camera to film it )
I hoping of on his mates that usually sit down that way got his photo
should have logged the time and the number plate of said vehicle and let the newspapers know what they were doing
in all honesty it should be lead by example NOT do not do what i do ,do as i tell you rule

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Were the lights flashing? No police vehicle is allowed to exceed the speed limit without siren or lights ON. Only in a few circumstances, but none of those existed today here in victoria.

If they were flashing then yea, it's ok. Even though the vehicle is a mobile speed camera, if needed the officer(s) can be called to duty elsewhere.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
No they dont have any lights as far as Im aware of to flash , and it would be interesting in hearing what sort or emergency a speed camira responds to

I though about reporting the incident but I would have prefered to film it first
so there was no denying what we had just seen ,we tryed to find my camra but I must have taken it out
There were plenty of other witnesses as well

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i saw a camera car speeding in Adelaide not long ago
no reason for it at all they arnt cops they wont be called to anything so no need to speed
sux we cant but they can