Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding at easter time

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vsl67, Apr 10, 2009.

1. vsl67

vsl67 Member

Members Ride:
    VS l67 statesman
    As you know every year at easter the speeding message is rammed down everyones throats
    Well today I was travelling south bound with my wife on the Bruce Highway near the Pine Rivers bridge doing the speed limit (100kph) when a late model blue van came flying up the side of me
    I had to take a second look at it when I seen it had "every K over is a killer" plastered all over the side of it
    It was a mobile speed camera Van !
    We watched it overtake every car in front of us and get a good kilometer ahead of the nearest car before it branch off heading towards the gateway
    (it was a shame I didnt have my camera to film it )
    I hoping of on his mates that usually sit down that way got his photo

2. MikesCalais

MikesCalais Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Members Ride:
    VE Calais V International
    well being in the business they would have known there wasnt any speed cameras around there so what the hey... even if they were that fine would just happen to disappear

its the good ol' 'do as i say, not as i do'

3. gopher

gopher Active Member

Members Ride:
    Car
    maybe he was just trying to get the "every K over is a killer" message to as many people as possible lol

4. vsl67

vsl67 Member

Members Ride:
    VS l67 statesman
    yep lead by example lol

5. 88GreenVN

88GreenVN Next Exit Left

Members Ride:
    Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
    I only spend a few hours on the road yesterday and the fuzz were every where around Adelaide. Gotta wonder where they all are on a normal weekend :)

6. System

System Donating Member

Members Ride:
    2005 VZ commodore exec
    yeah spotted a cop with a speed gun in the dark on south road between seaford and aldinga, they are EVERYWHERE right now, its crazy

7. ausrs

ausrs New Member

Members Ride:
    00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
    should have logged the time and the number plate of said vehicle and let the newspapers know what they were doing
    in all honesty it should be lead by example NOT do not do what i do ,do as i tell you rule

8. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    Were the lights flashing? No police vehicle is allowed to exceed the speed limit without siren or lights ON. Only in a few circumstances, but none of those existed today here in victoria.

If they were flashing then yea, it's ok. Even though the vehicle is a mobile speed camera, if needed the officer(s) can be called to duty elsewhere.

9. vsl67

vsl67 Member

Members Ride:
    VS l67 statesman
    No they dont have any lights as far as Im aware of to flash , and it would be interesting in hearing what sort or emergency a speed camira responds to

I though about reporting the incident but I would have prefered to film it first
    so there was no denying what we had just seen ,we tryed to find my camra but I must have taken it out
    There were plenty of other witnesses as well

10. daron

daron wizfiz

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    i saw a camera car speeding in Adelaide not long ago
    no reason for it at all they arnt cops they wont be called to anything so no need to speed
    sux we cant but they can

11. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    vsl67, the vehicles may not be equipped with a light bar, but existing lights on vehicles can be used, and is legal. As long as they flash. A speed camera doesn't respond to an incident, an OFFICER does. But he can drive the speed camera to get to the incident and respond to it.

With witnesses, all you had to do was grab a few numebr plates and report that, if they NEED the testomonies then they can look up the owners and ask them.

12. vsl67

vsl67 Member

Members Ride:
    VS l67 statesman
    No flashing lights at all ,the police could easily track it with their logs ,location ,time and description as most are white
    but I couldnt be bothered reporting it ,I see police cars brakeing the road rules all of the time there favourite is failing to indicate
    There was another time a police officer was speeding in full uniform on a private motorbike in a tempory 80 zone on the highway ,everyone else around him just followed suit and did the usual speed limt

13. alien

alien New Member

Members Ride:
    03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
    Yea, i did catch a few cops [but more other road users] breaking the rules when i had a camera in my vehicle. I was going to report a few, but got lazy and let them slide. If i set that up again in future in my VY then i'll probably ignore the little stuff, but if someone uses road rage or is excessivly speeding, then i probably will.