Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kitted vp

project vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted vp exec wagon
Hey guys I've recently (3 months ago) put a l3 Calais cluster into my vp and just yesterday I got in and started it up and my speedo just started jumping around like a kid chucking a tantrum? When I drive it still jumps around (if I'm doing 60km it jumps from 50 to 100) and does this quite rapidly back and forth continually while I'm driving! Any ideas? Also I had to cut 4 wires out of my plug to make way for my trip comp wires for my switches and now have no interior light! Any ideas on how to fix this to? Cheers guys

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Go back though your loom and make sure all the joins are soldered properly and maybe grab a manual for your car to see what the wires you cut were for, or atleast tell us what color they were?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
if you took out your VP wiper switch block in the conversion you will need to put it back. All 11 VP conversions I've done have worked.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
The speedo jumping around can be related to the rear loom, particularly when the reversing light shorts through the brake light or rear indicators or any of them have bad earths leading to back feeding of current. If your reversing light fuse under the dash is blown then this is your problem.