Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speedo out - new diff

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Ok so I got my new 3.7 diff put in today. Its put my speedo out heaps 120kmph on the speedo is actually 100kmph, so its out by quite a lot. I found this https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/install-speedo-corrector-kit-vn-vp.60651 I was just wondering if this would work with my caprice and if there is anything else I could do to fix it instead?

Also will this correct the mileage as well, because if the speedo is out i am guessing the cpu is putting more Km’s on the clock right?

Cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dont quote me on it but i think VT onwards the speedo is driven via CAN bus so the jaycar corrector wont work and the ECU needs flashed by holden to suit the diff gears thats if i remember correctly

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
i paid 20 bucks from holden man to fix it, you loven the gears? best upgrade lol

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Thanks for the help guys, I will go to holden tomorrow then. I may as well get them to put it in police mode so I have a digital speedo as well:).

She drives a million times better mate:w00t::yeah:

Cheers

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Thanks for the help guys, I will go to holden tomorrow then. I may as well get them to put it in police mode so I have a digital speedo as well:).

She drives a million times better mate:w00t::yeah:

Cheers
u can just do it urself u dont need holden to give u a digital speedo, i think its mode and up for 3 seconds as u turn the key and the second push of mode will bring up the digital speedo m8

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
I know but it goes away next time you turn on the car. But if holden use tech 2 and put police mode in you get a digital speedo where the speed alert use to be every time.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
I know but it goes away next time you turn on the car. But if holden use tech 2 and put police mode in you get a digital speedo where the speed alert use to be every time.
wow thats cool lol perks of a vz its there all the time lol u still comming to the cruise on the 28th m8? have u tested ur gears out yet?

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
thats not fair lol damm holdens went all tight ass on mine. yea i will be there for sure mate, should be a good one. yea I gave them a good work out lol;)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Heres a hint, if your going to disable the speed alarm and enable the digital speedo, raise the alarm to a high figure eg. 130, something you will never reach. Otherwise if you exceed that speed even when you change to digital speedo, the damn speed alarm goes off. I have a VX Berlina and it was set for 110km/h before I got Holden to change to speedo, still goes off on the freeway which is 110km/h.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
cambuss doesnt matter with the vdo kit.... i can put a interface box in that will be 100% accurate and odo will be accurate also. come see me at gaugeworks, port road albert park