Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Split Vac Hose- Unsure if part req or just more hose?

StevoInSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSS Crewman LS1 Auto .VZ Ute V6 Auto. VU SS Ut
Hi Holden Lovers. Just bought Vu SS Ute 02. Drove home 150km no problem. Stopped and restarted a few times. Next day on cold start had high revs and thermo fans came on afew starts later idle ok. Drove fine then.... revs erratic, surging and stalled a few times, inbetween driving fine.... Tonight I found a split Vac hose that comes from behind the Throttle Body on the Drivers side, then I think to the Inlet Manifold at the back of the motor The hose that was split was bigger than the others between a push on hose fitting and a round metal fitting?. That appears to have a circular clamp attached to an earth wire? With plenty of oily filth in between. What I would like to know is.... Do I need to get another piece of similar hose and just put back on, or is this in fact a broken part that needs to be replaced? In which case what is it I need. I'll try & put a photo up with the split hose I removed, below the gap in the Vac hose...... Thanks ever so much for any feedback.

StevoInSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is the photo....... Hopefully? !?!???

Attachments

• 20220616_200847.jpg
    20220616_200847.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 116

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
You have 2 options,

Go to a Wrecker and source a replacement one,
or
Go to Supercheap and get some brass fittings and make up an adaptor that will fit both ends of the hoses, including hose clamps,
and install it in place of the damaged/broken fitting.

I know its a Vac line, but there is nothing worse than ANY vac leak.

I made up an adaptor a while back this myself and it worked perfectly, keeping in mind being all Brass fittings, it will last a life time.

Last edited:

StevoInSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks krusing..... Went and got new Pcv today from "The Lion's Den". Didn't fix the problem, but definitely due to be replaced.... Managed to get codes checked afterwards. Came up for Coolant Temperature Sensor. .... So, back to "The Lion's Den" I go tomorrow Thanks again & Take Care...

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Well done,
Thanks for forwarding the result.

Reactions: Lex