Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Splits and amp

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Was thinking of putting an under seat sub in my car but have gone off that idea as not cost effective. I have a new Sony WXGT90BT head unit in the car but no amp. The front speakers are half decent 6" coaxials put in a couple of years ago and rear door ones are stock. I was thinking of getting new 6.5" splits for the front doors and amping them and putting the existing front door speakers into the rear doors and run them off the h/u? I have a budget of about $300-$350 for the splits and amp. I have listened to a few different speakers and like the Alpine type R's, I can get them for $200. Not sure on an amp yet that would suit the speakers. Saw that Supercheap has this one 1800 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier (EN-3004) | FUSION Electronics at the moment for $129. Just want to get a better sound with a bit more bass. Any ideas/suggestions for my system. Thanks for any help/info.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
For a little more money you could get a nicer four channel, the Alpines and amp all four doors.

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
the problem you have is the alpine speakers are awesome but really need to be paired with the correct amp ie MRX-F65 alpine 4 channel and this is way more than your budget as the amp is around $500 plus speakers not to sure about the fusion amp but it should be powerful enough to run all 4 speakers