Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spluttering v6 ecotech

vn calais lookalike

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s2 BT1
hi my 1997 vs goes hard but taking off from stand still it'll miss a bit. cars done 240,000km, new CAS, fuel pump and filter have been fitted not long ago. this problem has just started to occour in the last few weeks , ill change the plugs and leads. that may eliminate the problem (it did on my vn ) any thoughts,or am i missing something here let me know cheers :idea3:

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
Try replacing the Coil packs on the DFI Module.
you could always replace 1 at a time and find the dodgy one. or replace all 3 at the same time would be recommended
the wreckers should have these

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
yes try the coil pack,I also replaced the leads and plugs but it was still sluggish on take off,then replaced the whole coil pack and it runs great, agree with Rhin0o8

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
sounds very much like the coil pack just like the other guys said... same thing happened to me

vn calais lookalike

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s2 BT1
cool any bolt on performance coil packs out there? without breaking the bank

cuttinglaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 S2 VX CLUBSPORT
Go and buy yourself a LS1 coil on plug setup bolt it on and i'll give you some wiring to do... expect to see a 2kw power gain... :p

Personally i'd be investing some coin into a new 02 sensor after you've tried the coil pack and leads maby switch your MAF sensor ... then pull your inlet apart give everything a hit with some carby cleaner !

But if you do change either the 02 or MAF sensor be sure to disconnect your battery for a good 15 mins, then take your car out and give it a hiding !

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
cool any bolt on performance coil packs out there? without breaking the bank

MSD coils are the same price and sometimes cheaper than brand new standard coils, go figure. About the $220 - $250 mark.

Go and buy yourself a LS1 coil on plug setup bolt it on and i'll give you some wiring to do... expect to see a 2kw power gain... :p

Personally i'd be investing some coin into a new 02 sensor after you've tried the coil pack and leads maby switch your MAF sensor ... then pull your inlet apart give everything a hit with some carby cleaner !

But if you do change either the 02 or MAF sensor be sure to disconnect your battery for a good 15 mins, then take your car out and give it a hiding !

Why would you need to disconnect the battery?