Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Splutters/Jerks

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It doesnt take much to break the carbon core that is inside these leads, and once its broken the lead is stuffed and will cause misfiring. You only have to bend them a bit too much, or kink them, or pull on them too hard when removing them to break the core.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Sorry mate, I wasnt actually posting up anything about what you had posted, was just generally mentioning that checking these coils with a multimeter can be very misleading.

No apologies necessary Brett, my bad completely.

So, if it isn't the leads or coil packs, what else might be causing the problem?

Don't forget the plugs, you can get faulty ones too.

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Don't forget the plugs, you can get faulty ones too.

Thanks mate plugs and leads will be replaced after rego then

It doesnt take much to break the carbon core that is inside these leads, and once its broken the lead is stuffed and will cause misfiring. You only have to bend them a bit too much, or kink them, or pull on them too hard when removing them to break the core.

After reading a little more about my problem i think the cause is deffinately somewhere in my leads, plugs or coils causing a misfire. Although i cant actually replace them yet as im strapped for cash with rego ect. How much damage will be caused to my car driving with a misfire for another month or so?

Cheers

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
There's unlikely to be any damage caused, it's just annoying. Checking your leads and looking at plugs is free man, why not just do that for now so you know where you might need to throw your dollars as opposed just throw your dollars when you have some. If it were say; a bad lead, you can grab a single Bosch from SuperCheap for $5.