Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spoiler holes/boot lid respray advice

1FATVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
hey guys,

i know theres already a few exsting threads about filling boot holes etc. but i just wanted to get some more details about the correct way the job should be done.

Ive had the spoiler off my VZ SV6 for months now, ive just had a few strips of tape covering the holes but ive now decided to get it done properly.

Ive also removed that rear bumper plastic gaurd (where the towbar goes in) and have given it a sand cause of a few scratches it had, so im also looking at getting that painted a gloss black at the same time.

Ive gone to a few places around Dandenong and asked how they would do it and for how much,
the first place i went to quoted me $500 to do both, this was to weld plates on the inside and a respray etc, they pretty much told me welding it is the only way..

The seccond place i went to quoted me $400 for both, but not to weld it, but to use some hardener or something that apparently wasnt like bog, and wouldnt sink or anything..but im not sure.

The first place told me it would come to something like $250 to just bog and respray but i guess thats not the right thing to do, especially in my case with alot more boot rattle that usual :p

but yeh just wondering how much i should be paying for this, and how they should be doing it, also if anyone knows of any good places i could get it done in S.E melbourne that would be awsome,

cheers :)

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
$500 is a good price dude, go with it. i'd charge you $650 for the same thing, weld the holes etc.

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
id go for the welding dude, you never know what kinda corners they will cut when they say the will "fill" it. and plus if it is welded you know you be sire it wnt have to be repaired again. i agree 500 is a descet price, i got charged 400 to get a freakin taillgate painted and fitted