Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spoiler removal

panda88

Reaction score
hey everyone,
I'm planning to remove the spoiler off my vt just to see how it looks. Planning to buy some grommits and paint them silver and see if i like the look or not before i get it done properly. Does anyone know what size grommits i would be after to cover the holes?

thanks,
-michael

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i use printer cartridge grommits. Cannon pixmar iP4200. work a treat

panda88

Reaction score
haha, i don't happen to have any printer cartridges on me, was planning to head out to autobarn tonight and grab some grommits, just need to know what size i need to buy.

panda88

Reaction score
i just went out and bought 4x3/4" grommits and 3x1/2" grommits, would these be ok to use to plug the boot holes?

panda88

Reaction score
instead of removing the spoiler i have found a spoilerless boot in the same colour as my car. How hard of a task would it be to change it over? Can anyone shed some light on how i would go about this?
thanks,
-michael

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Its preety easy i was able to swap 2 boots over in 4 hours, rewiring both boots etc. 2-3 person Job though as its hard to align the boot again against the boot hinges. You need 2 people to hold the boot up in the air and one to screw everything to it.

also you will have to rewire the high mount brake light on both cars.

Last edited: