Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spoiler removal..

johnnybravo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
G'day everyone

Was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea on what it would cost me to get my spoiler removed off my VY commodore.....

Thanks heaps

vxholden

vx holden
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve sv6
do it yourself should ave 2 screws each side of the spoiler un screw then disconect the plug

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
it'll cost about $3 to get some Grommits from bunnings or something like that, and it'll take up about 5 minutes of your life :p

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to doing ANYTHING on cars, computers, or pretty much anything else, and even i managed to do this on my own in about 5 mins haha

Its really easy to do, just open up the boot and unscrew the spoiler, make sure someone is holding it so that when you take the screws out it doesnt fall and scratch your boot

cant really be bothered explaining properly right now coz dinners on the table but if oyu like i can later, but im sure some other good samaratan might :p

now.. thats doing it with the grommits, which means youll have holes in your boot (filled in by the grommits, obviously), if you want to get the holes fixed, your gonna need your boot resprayed which could be about $300

The only other option you got is to find a VY without a spoiler in the same colour as yours and swap the boots over

so if you do it yourself and you dont mind the little grommits - about $3

fixing and respraying boot - about $300

swapping over for another boot - would be nice in a perfect world, but may be hard to find

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
this is a pic with the grommits after i took mine off

thankfully (for lack of a better word :p) my car was hit by a truck a couple weeks later so i got a new boot without a spoiler and no holes, woo haha but heres what it looks like.. not too bad

STA60010.jpg

STA60005.jpg

these are the grommits i was talking about

youll need the smaller round ones to fill in the hole that the wire for the brake light comes out of, assuming it has a brake light on the spoiler? which i think all vys do anyway

STA60016.jpg

STA60013.jpg

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
damnn!! i removed my spoiler and i had big patches of paint missing where the spoiler sat. Guess im looking at the bog and respray option of $300 + lol

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
PM will DVSV8 he had his done properly no grommits or anythin

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Wife wanted a spoiler (there's nothing wrong with spoilers, people), found someone who wanted to swap their spoilered boot for one without (exceptionally hard when it's Botanica Blue), $50 their way and now she has a spoiler and theirs has none. Just a simple swapping of the lock mechanism and in their case the remote boot release solenoid

OP try posting in the wanted to buy section saying you're willing to swap, it's cheaper for somebody who wants the spoiler to swap then get one, get it painted and get it fitted

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i had mine done by my cousins boyfriend, the actual job filling in the holes is great, he welded all thew holes up as i didnt want bog, pulled a dent out in the middle of the spoiler and welded the holden lion locating holes as well. the paint im not happy with as the clear looka a little cloudy to me, and his buff job of my car was very,very poor. so i wont get him to do the painting again. cost me around $300 i think mates rates, but the cost keeps climbing as i had to re buff the car $170, to get most of the swirls out, and will need a respray ( probably $300) so just fork out the cash up front and get a good job!

DSCF0885.jpg

DSCF0884.jpg

DSCF0883.jpg

if you look at the boot you can see the ugly dent that was there. was there when i bought the car.
DSCF0232.jpg