Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spoilerless.

SkidMarks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
Okay, so as we all know most spoilers are unsightly on most commodores. I wanna remove my one from my VY i thought first to try and find a non spoiled boot lid but of course with no such luck. So whats the other way to go about this?

Removing then plugging with grommets? Removing,plugging then putty then paint?

Do panel beaters do this job?

Thanks

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah Panel beaters can do it for you, its an hour job to fill the holes and another couple to paint it. I did it at work in about 4hrs.

SkidMarks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
oh okay sweet. how much does it cost round abouts?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Couldn't really say because I didn't pay for it.

At a guick guess $300 buy the time you take in materials and time. Maybe less depending on the shop.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
You can get rubber grommets to fill the holes to stop water getting in until you get the holes filled properly. They're about 50 cents each from Clark Rubber...not sure what size you need though. From memory there are 4 small holes and one large one where the brake light cable goes through. The small ones are all the same size..I guess just play around until you find ones that fit, thats what I did. Don't forget if you have your 3rd brake light on the spoiler removing it makes the car unroadworthy.