Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spolier broken, need help!

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Just had a look at mine and i dont think his comes down far enough on the sides/ends to be SS but i could be wrong

If its genuine it mite have a part number on the foot where it bolts to the top of the boot Maybe just a idea ;) :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• jc pics of commo 004.jpg
    jc pics of commo 004.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 132

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I didn't think there was a difference between series 1 and series 2 spoilers? Maybe you're thinking about a VT vs. VX spoiler?

Oh yeah sorry if I said that in a confusing way, what i meant was the taillights were definetly series one, not the wing. I should say that, I'm not any kind of expert here just passing on what I've gathered. There should be some sort of website dedicated to taillights and wings body kits to be able to use as a reference.

That vx one seems to have more of an angle and it seems to hang down over the rear guard. I think the SS ones look a lot beefier and meaner than the standard s. I think they may ever sit higher in the middle as well.

rick_422

Reaction score
looks like a standard SS spoiler 2 me im sure if u took ur car 2 a panel beater they would b able 2 repair it without needing 2 replacing it.

i had actually been to a panel beater and he basically said to me i would need a new one, because even if it was bogged up, wouldnt be strong enough.
thanks again for the help guys

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i had actually been to a panel beater and he basically said to me i would need a new one, because even if it was bogged up, wouldnt be strong enough.
thanks again for the help guys

lol dodgy panel beater always lookin 2 use bog where eva he can hahaha mayb try some1 who uses fibre glass tho in the end would prolly b easier just 2 buy a new 1 tho i had a look at mine i thought urs looked bigger than mine but i dont think it is it looks the same and i think boganV8 was right if it is its just a standard S pac wing

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
If repaired correctly with fibre glass it will be as strong as new.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
ive got a genuine clubby wing, ill consider selling for the right price, interested? pm me

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hello, have a problem with my cars spoiler.
Where it screws onto the boot the spoiler has cracked and now loose so i need a replacement spoiler.
Problem is that i have no idea what sort/model it is, and secondly, no idea where i would be able to buy one.
So could anyone by looking at these pictures identify it, and also does anyone know of places in South East melbourne that would have one and that can be sprayed.
Thanks in advance.
Andrew

$20 of fibreglass and a couple of hours will have it fixed. Maybe a little more if you need paint.

Reaper

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
pretty sure its a ss spoiler thats what ive been told mine is.same as mine heres a pic

Attachments

• spoiler.jpg
    spoiler.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 139

rick_422

Reaction score
Thomo, it looks as though they are the same. I assume its VX ss looking at your car?

Im sure it could be patched up, but i noticed today that both sides are actually starting to crack, and also a clear coat of something is starting to crack off on the top of the spoiler, that you can see in the third pic. So replacement seems easiest.

So can anyone recommend any places in the Moorabbin area that will be helpful?
thanks

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
pretty sure its a ss spoiler thats what ive been told mine is.same as mine heres a pic

Is yoursa vt or vx cause yours doesnt look like a ss wing doesnt go down the side of the boot enough

Maybe the vt ones are diff erent to the vx ones :D :D :D