Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spolier broken, need help!

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
Sorry guys my cars a vt just put the vx garnish on it

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i had actually been to a panel beater and he basically said to me i would need a new one, because even if it was bogged up, wouldnt be strong enough.
thanks again for the help guys

Bog = no strength what so ever
Glass = very strong and probably the stuff to use
Carbon = Mega strong & looks cool too :)

Reaper

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
your spoiler is a VT SS not a VT S....VT S is smaller
the VT SS and VX SS are two different spoilers....
the VX SS and VT HSV CLUBSPORT Spoliers are the same...except the VX SS is half the price genuine ($700 for rear HSV spoiler unpainted from holden)

if its cracked where the feet of the spoiler are then throw it out and get a new one....trust me.
i had a VX SS spoiler on my VT and when i did some work at the panel beater i had it and my side skirts repaired for cracks (the panel beater sent them to a proper fiberglass and plastic repairer).
sideskirts fine bit it only took 2 weeks to have a small crack appearing at the rear spoiler feet again.....

it cracks again due to vibration (subs from my old VT), lifting or closing the boot using the spoiler as something to hold onto and generally when you close it the vibration....

save yourself money in the long run and hassle and buy a new VT SS or VX SS spoiler

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Looks like a VT SS Spoiler, the S Pack spoilers aren't as big as the SS ones, the VX SS spoilers have a better style again.
But yeah VT SS spoiler looks like to me.
EBay have them for sale pre undercoated for $130.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
your spoiler is a VT SS not a VT S....VT S is smaller
the VT SS and VX SS are two different spoilers....
the VX SS and VT HSV CLUBSPORT Spoliers are the same...except the VX SS is half the price genuine ($700 for rear HSV spoiler unpainted from holden)

if its cracked where the feet of the spoiler are then throw it out and get a new one....trust me.
i had a VX SS spoiler on my VT and when i did some work at the panel beater i had it and my side skirts repaired for cracks (the panel beater sent them to a proper fiberglass and plastic repairer).
sideskirts fine bit it only took 2 weeks to have a small crack appearing at the rear spoiler feet again.....

it cracks again due to vibration (subs from my old VT), lifting or closing the boot using the spoiler as something to hold onto and generally when you close it the vibration....

save yourself money in the long run and hassle and buy a new VT SS or VX SS spoiler

Did u have those lil rubber paddin under the feet wen it cracked??? and did u tightin ur bolts regulary coz u had a sub ??? i have 2 keep checkin mine somtimes as they slowly loosen up could b y it cracked again sounds odd tho but i agree with ya there just get a new 1 save the hassles lol i did think at 1st it was a Standard SS spoiler as i looked at mine again n yer it doesnt stick out as much ay

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Did u have those lil rubber paddin under the feet wen it cracked??? and did u tightin ur bolts regulary coz u had a sub ??? i have 2 keep checkin mine somtimes as they slowly loosen up could b y it cracked again sounds odd tho but i agree with ya there just get a new 1 save the hassles lol i did think at 1st it was a Standard SS spoiler as i looked at mine again n yer it doesnt stick out as much ay

yep...bolts tighten regularly....not sure about the rubber

mine originally cracked because someone (not me) let the car roll backwards in a car park into a camper van only 10m away real slow and the spoiler was the first to hit and flexed at the feet :bang:
they quickly learnt that leaving it in D without handrake on isnt the same as leaving it in 1st in a manual :ranting:

rick_422

Reaction score
###UPDATE####
i did some investigation. and it is a VT SS Wing, and its genuine.
i got a couple of prices, grenuine would cost 550-600, and a non genuine would be around the 400 all up.
can anyone tell me pro's and cons of genuine as opposed to not, can the difference be told, etc.
thanks
Andrew

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
###UPDATE####
i did some investigation. and it is a VT SS Wing, and its genuine.
i got a couple of prices, grenuine would cost 550-600, and a non genuine would be around the 400 all up.
can anyone tell me pro's and cons of genuine as opposed to not, can the difference be told, etc.
thanks
Andrew

if the non genuine is actually fiberglass and not plastic then i would go for the genuine because of its strength and design.
$150 extra is a bit but not alot for piece of mind but thats me.
others would rather pocket the $150 and use it towards painting or something else which is also fine...personal preference really