Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spolier broken, need help!

rick_422

Reaction score
Hello, have a problem with my cars spoiler.
Where it screws onto the boot the spoiler has cracked and now loose so i need a replacement spoiler.
Problem is that i have no idea what sort/model it is, and secondly, no idea where i would be able to buy one.
So could anyone by looking at these pictures identify it, and also does anyone know of places in South East melbourne that would have one and that can be sprayed.
Thanks in advance.
Andrew

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC00015.JPG
    DSC00015.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 230

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I've got a 98 vt s pack and I think that is the SS version. If you are after another I would recommend that you try to get a genuine one, as I've heard the fiberglass are no good.

I reckon you could also use this opportnity to look at upgrading it though. Maybe go for something big and leary...

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
im driving an executive with an s pak kit, that spoiler looks exactly like mine, im not sure if mine was an s pak or the exec one as thats how i bought my car, go to holden, they will identify anything

is that how u bought ur car? whats the model anyway? the garnish looks just like mine, if u have power windows its an s pak, need more info!

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
i dont no what your thoughts are on having it mounted bye sicaflx but i can tell you if done propper it will never come of and would be able to be cut of if ever needed.just a thought

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
At first it looked like a vt ss spoiler, but im not so sure, looks a little different...
You should be able to find one at a wreckers, also alot of people now are taking thier spoilers off, so theyd be pretty easy to find

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I was going by the tail lights being the ones with the orange indicator and therefore I think it is a series one. All of the spoilers I've seen for the s pack in series one, the ends dont extend that far forward. Thats the reason I'm leaning towards ss series one.

It could be after market though, is the car an ss or spack or was the wing included as an option? Can you inlude any more detail such as what the seats are like, etc?

Of course as stated a holden dealership would be able to tell you. I think going off your chasis/ engine number they could probably give you a print out of what was included with the car as options etc. I've got a slip that came witht the car (I'm the third owner) that was printed around the time the car would have gone to teh second owner.

I think that glue Idea may be a great option as well, if done right. Its not like you want to pull the thing off all the time.

Whilst we are on this topic do these wings do anything or are they really just cosmetic. If they do something what sort of speed do they have an effect?

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
I didn't think there was a difference between series 1 and series 2 spoilers? Maybe you're thinking about a VT vs. VX spoiler?

rick_422

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the replies. Looks as though ill just go and see of holden can help me.
And im happy with that one, dont want anything too big.
My car is a VT Berlina, with VX S orSS body kit, not totally sure and has... Chevy badges. VY SS wheels. It was all done by the previous owner to me, though i havnt got his details, as i bought it from a dealer.
Cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
looks like a standard SS spoiler 2 me im sure if u took ur car 2 a panel beater they would b able 2 repair it without needing 2 replacing it.