Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sports Exhaust

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
does anyone know where i can get a decent sports exhaust (from cat back) that sounds loud and good but not drony and whats the best muffler?

D

damo9

redback straight through mufflers work well and will cost about $300 for the complete system and they do not drone if you run the two mufflers

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
what sort of motor do you have,,,i have a 5 litre and i took off the two mufflers and twin pipes and put on a panther 2 1/2 system straight through from cat back,sounds beutiful not too loud but a nice v8 rumble ,i do a lot of country miles and when i am sitting on 110 klm it is nice and quiet inside until you squeeze the pedal a bit

cheers fergi

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Get a lukey 2121 2.5" setup with a centre expansion chamber or free flow and you will get the acceleration boost of a good exhaust plus a beautiful sound. the centre expansion chamber design will be a little more discreet and wont drone or fart at all.

Then match your exhaust type with the same resonator for excellent flow rates and a nice overrun sound (when the gears change).

Free flowing exhausts are very cheap and easy to get done and will provide the best flow and loudest sound.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
yeah a lot of people have told me about lukeys and that they sound heaps good on v6s.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Get a Gene Stainless Steel 2 and half inch. You can get sound and performance, you do feel the performance.....

C

chilled

I just had a Lukey freeflow exhaust system installed on my V6 Vs wagon yesterday for $350 at Carline, and the difference is unreal. Puts out a really nice growl when idling, and sounds pretty sick when accelerating.

The performance differerence is pretty noticeable too, and compliments a Cold Air Intake/K&N setup nicely. Definately more power now than a few days ago when I didn't have these mods.

Cheers to the members on this site for all the helpful threads, info and tips. One of the best commodore resources on the net...