Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sports injuries

M

magnumv8

Left knee busted-kneecap pushed to the side when i was 13 at rugby-now 40 and it gives me trouble in the colder months.
Mtn bike stack-went off the side of a firetrail on the central coast and slammed into a tree at speed then rolled down the 40 odd meters of steep rocky hill-punctured lung, 4 broken ribs and a couple of bumps on my head that have never gone away. Bike came away uninjured.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Crushed big toe, 1 broken finger, 4 fractured fingers, broken scaphoid, bruised skull above the eye- all from playing cricket.

Currently a complete ACL rupture. Good fun.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Torn the medial and posterior cruciate ligaments in my left knee on two seperate occassions.

Plus general wear & tear / damage to most other joints over 25 yrs of playing sport. And they told me it was good to play sport.

Corey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S2
Ive got a friend who used to play for Harlequins Rugby down here and I went to one of their games the other month, they want me to play for their seniors team. Really want to go and play, but I rekon Ill play it safe haha.

Stuff em' go play for Souths

Corey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S2
Torn hamstring a few years back, gives me trouble to this day. That with "runners knee" and I often have leg pain

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Currently recovering from a fractured 5th metacarpal , although the break is stable it's in a delayed union position , it's been 6 weeks in a split and cast , I go back and get it re-x ray'd in three weeks , anybody else been in this position , it's an hassle .

Slow93VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Calais
Sore hips due to low mobility, I have been working on that with foam rolling etc.. and forgetting to engage my core when doing bent over rows really F'ed up my back. I've had to take 2 weeks of physical activity

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Broken right kneecap playing indoor soccer back when I was 16, then torn ACL on same knee a few years later playing touch rugby then just last year making a comeback to touch rugby after an absence of nearly 20 years suffered a dislocated right elbow about 10 minutes into my first game....

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
- Landed heavy on right knee playing league. Can give a bit of pain when it's cold.
- Damaged left shoulder playing league in the U18's. Not to bad now but can give me a bit of bother now and again.
- Hurt neck playing Indoor cricket. Ran headfirst into a fielder whilst stretching out to make my ground with the bat. (Was watching ball/fielder) Ok if i dont aggravate it. When i do its murder. Lots of headaches which are hard to get rid of.
- Hyper extended left knee at indoor cricket. (was in other net and a player jumped onto the net and landed on my leg. Don't know how my leg didn't snap tbh)
- Multiple jarred/bent fingers and thumbs from wicket keeping. Aches and pains when it's cold or when i do a lot of work with my hands.
- Done my sciatic nerve playing tennis. Chiro/physio sorted most of it out. Does play up from time to time.

F##k sports.
So i took up boxing..... watch this space lol.