Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sportwagon: Dodgy Partitioning Net Install??

buckett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Have just returned from Holden dealership after having a partitioning net installed in an SV6 sportwagon.

Upon inspection the top metal bar of the partitioning net does not sit flush with the mounting brackets in the roof - resulting in several millimeters of the bolt shaft being exposed, and causing the flat ends of the metal bar to 'dig into' the plastic moulding of the roof.

Both of the plastic bolt heads are bent, and the installer has obviously taken a tool to one of the bolts in an attempt to tighten the unit so that it will sit flush - ruining the bolt head in the process.

I'm no expert -- but it appears that the unit is designed for hand tighteneing and loosening, which implies that the roof mounts do not quite line up to the mounting holes in the partitioning net bar - resulting in excessive friction/pressure stopping you from tighteneing the unit so that it will sit flush.

My problem is that the Holden Dealership tell's me that this is how the unit i supposed to look (ie not flush with bent bolt heads and sticking at an angle into my roof). I find this hard to believe. I've been on to the holden site and googled but can not find any pictures that clearly show how the unit should sit.

Would welcome advice from anyone else who may have had a partitioning net installed in their sportswagon -- or a photo or illustration that demonstrates how the unit should fit. Its my word against holden at the moment. Thanks

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=281y643&s=7-- so much pressure applied, its bent the plastic heads on the nuts
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zkjxhj&s=7-- thanks for wrecking the roof!
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2s0ej51&s=7 -- hmm - use of multigrips perhaps?, if it was meant to be tightened by spanner, why not leave the hex nut head exposed?
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qrzuah&s=7 -- does not look flush to me!

Last edited:

Nikk_90

TINBUM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
seems dodge to me. tell them your unhappy and that you would like to see another car with this option or get them to show you a picture. ask for the service manager and see what he thinks, and if you dont like what he says go to the GM of the dealaership. ask them if they'd be happy with it being like this on their car. your the paying customer so rip it up em if your not happy

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
pics bud... lets have a look see.

buckett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
pics bud... lets have a look see.

Here are the photos of the job they did ... standard install hey?

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting -- hmm - use of multigrips perhaps?, if it was meant to be tightened by spanner, why not leave the hex nut head exposed?
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting -- this does not look flush to me!
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting -- so much pressure applied, its bent the plastic heads on the nuts
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting -- thanks for wrecking the roof!

Maybe I'm just being picky? Is this the same standard on other sportwagons?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
thats shithouse, even if it supposed to be like that i would complain about the damaged nut and damaged trim.

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
Parents have one in theirs,

Nothing like that it sits flush and it is very easy to remove / install.

I will try get them to send pics over to me and I'll forward them on.
I would not stop complaining about it until it's fixed.

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
Who did that ? the apprentice on his first day. that ****. Straight back to the stealership champ. Id sit there all day if i had to, to get it fixed.

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
Heres a couple pics of mine installed. What I ended up doing was I bent the bar ends to suit the profile of the roof so it sits flush. I no it's something you shouldn't have to do yourself, but mine didn't fit the best at first either.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Jesus! These things really are another quality product brought to you by Holden.