Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sportwagon rear seat release broken..?

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Hey all,

Yesterday I went to push the seat release button (2010 Sportwagon) on the right hand side fold down seat, and the button just feel into the hole. It is stuck in there and will not de-press, as such obviously the seat is stuck locked up, and cannot fold it down.

Has anyone had anything similar happen? or able to suggest something to fix it? Obviously i would like to fix the issues myself, though nothing has come up in the searches and if no-one has had a similar issue, i will have to take it in to holden, though can only image what they are going to charge....

cheers, Troy

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Did the same on LHS, likely broke a bit so have to replace at least the plastic button connecting to the rod (see below). Just take it in, such a fiddly PITA job to DIY in retrospect but here's some info:

This pic shows inside where broken button piece connects to a rod, which pushes a sprung lever to release the catch.

FAF72B62-7AD2-4622-879B-E07A537B332F.jpg

Here it is from the boot with the pop-out plastic trim removed. After you remove the broken button use a long (10"+ blade screwdriver to plunge the lever manually.

[video=youtube_share;8lfUx50LHSc]http://youtu.be/8lfUx50LHSc[/video]

Here is another shot of the rod that connects the button to the sprung lever:

0FBCD86C-C63D-4459-BB72-E2E00E172942.jpg

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Thanks mate, not really the answer i was hoping for :p was hoping i could just replace a $2 part..

do you remember how much the replacement part was? to compare the cost of the part to what holden will try to slug me for the repair.

Could not have broken at a worse time, as i am moving house next Saturday, and now i cannot even put my seat down to utilise the space of the sportwagon!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
No mate you can, just use a long blade screwdriver. You can tell when it is resting on the leve as it has a spring tension, push down and it unlocks. Remember you still need to pull the seat forward!
No price on that part sorry.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Went in holden this arvo and booked it in, the lady had a guesstimate of about $130 plus $22~ for the part, but we'll see... even the bloke there screwed his nose up when i told him what the issue was, and he continued to explain how much of a pain in the ass the job is.

Not really a $150 expense i would like to spend.. though kind of need it.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
$123 in the end... not too bad, mind you they have absolutely hacked away at the piece of plastic around the latch..

VPV6BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs v6 manual ute
No mate you can, just use a long blade screwdriver. You can tell when it is resting on the leve as it has a spring tension, push down and it unlocks. Remember you still need to pull the seat forward!
No price on that part sorry.

Hey mate I have just had this same issue how does the button come off so that i can get to the rod?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hey mate I have just had this same issue how does the button come off so that i can get to the rod?

The button and surround is connected as one piece, wiggle whole unit out as the button is no longer attached to the rod. I will try and get a pic.

VPV6BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs v6 manual ute
That would be really helpful if you could. I will have another go at getting it out tonight. Do I just stretch the leather around the red base?

Wallal

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE commodore sports wagon
Did the same on LHS, likely broke a bit so have to replace at least the plastic button connecting to the rod (see below). Just take it in, such a fiddly PITA job to DIY in retrospect but here's some info:

This pic shows inside where broken button piece connects to a rod, which pushes a sprung lever to release the catch.

FAF72B62-7AD2-4622-879B-E07A537B332F.jpg

Here it is from the boot with the pop-out plastic trim removed. After you remove the broken button use a long (10"+ blade screwdriver to plunge the lever manually.

[video=youtube_share;8lfUx50LHSc]
[/video]

Here is another shot of the rod that connects the button to the sprung lever:

0FBCD86C-C63D-4459-BB72-E2E00E172942.jpg
I have the same problem but the lever has come out and can’t get to to go back in