Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spotlight switch location

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
I'm installing a 12 inch 60watt light bar. Where would one locate switch , within cab ?. Thankyou.

H

harrop.senator

Could always wire it to the fog light switch. I think it'd be strong enough to power both or could disable the fog lights.

H

harrop.senator

Get a fascia with the spotlight switch and use that with a home made harness and relay. Or just hide a switch under the dash.

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
the fog light switch is by pulling out the headlight switch yea, towards you
Was fog lights an option ? As in, not all headlight switches from factory have the ability to extend/retract ?

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
The wiring for the fog lights is there even if the fog lights weren't fitted at the factory, well it was in my series 1 VYS. I just bought a new light switch with the pull out function and took out the faux air vents and fitted fog lamps.

It should be easy to fit the correct switch and pick up the power from the fog lamp wiring that is sitting behind the bumper area. There is a plug on both sides just in front of the wheel arch area. They're quite obvious with the bumper removed.

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
So....Ive installed my light bar. Going to mount seperate switch. Where have you guys been installing yours?. No, I'm not utilising fog light option. So independent diy toggle one.