Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spray Painting

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Cruzey said:
Hey Para...cool..thanks...however, exscuse the ignorance, but can i say this..I have recently sprayed a mates boot and bonnet and it came out ok..But, i find it terribly slow to spray 1 coat, let it dry sand, wash, spray a second coat etc...Is it easier to do like 3-4 wet coats, then let dry then clear coat? Also when you say half coat, does it come out shiny? And do you just use the spray gun and close of the mixture a bit so not as much paint comes out?
And yeah, i bought a 40L tank from bunnings Trade Air, and the gravity fed gun too...Its not a bad compressor, or a spray gun, although the tip is 1.4mm..Is this ok? for the tip, or should i be going like 1.8 or something?
The easiest way is to spray a light coat, then when it becomes tacky apply the next coat. Once this coat becomes tacky apply the next & so on. Metallic base coats especially do not want to be sanded as the base coat will be ruined with sanding.
All painting should be done with good light as it makes it easier to see any dry spots or a fault in your technique.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
vt1538 said:
The easiest way is to spray a light coat, then when it becomes tacky apply the next coat. Once this coat becomes tacky apply the next & so on. Metallic base coats especially do not want to be sanded as the base coat will be ruined with sanding.
All painting should be done with good light as it makes it easier to see any dry spots or a fault in your technique.

spot on..............