Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spraying a body kit

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
Im buying a body kit for my VS and my dads pretty handy with cars and general sh*t.

Is it hard to spray a bodykit? The kit im getting has been primed. Whats involved in spraying a kit. My dad has a good spray gun an compressor. Should I get him to do it or should I get a pro to do it?

Cheers Guys

J

JAY MAN

Hi,

Im in the same situation. When i get my body kit ill want it all painted up nice and that without it being expensive. My dads the same and can do it if I wanted to but could be a bit dodgy. You may have to sand it back a bit but I think I am going to sand it and get everything ready and get a pro to paint it. Wouldnt cost too much I would think if all he has to do is paint it.

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
best thing to do is prepare the surface properly, sand back with a very light gritt sandpaper and blow all the dust of, dont use water cos whet dust and dirt stick, use an air gun to blow all the crap off, will have to be primed, this is the most important part, spend as much money you can on an expensive primer if your dads good he should be able to do a nice even coat, two or three 12 hours apart in a ventelated room the less moisture the better, the paint colour is even harder unless your paint on your car is in excelent condition it will be hard to match, even the genuin pant code will be slightly diff colour best thing to do is find a painted part of car you can remove ie, fuel flap, take it into a spray shop and say you need so may litres of paint tinted to match your flap (lol) they will know how much paint you will need, make sure you do 2-3 coats again same as b4 and always paint away from cars with a proper ventilator, dont use fans or heaters to speed up the drying process, you will stuff it all up.

Good Luck!!

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
Very helpful info, Thx Heaps!