Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spring and Shocks combo VE

AZ_SS_WAGON

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a VE II SS wagon with 20" wheels

Looking into Spring and shocks combo, not sure which way to go.
Basically just after lowered sporty look, but I don't want to sacrifice handling.

Kits I've been looking in to are:

King springs super lows with GT monroe shocks $700

King springs super lows with GT monroe front/ Adjustable Bilstein or Koni rears (only reason for front monroe is to save $$$$)
or
King springs super lows with Bilstein or Koni shocks $1300

Fitting is $350

If anyone can help us out or has similar setup, your input would be greatly appreciated. Also looking into Whiteline adjustable sway bars any info would be good.

My budget is around $1500, not interested in entry level coil overs.

Cheers

AZ

Attachments

• IMG_1603.jpeg
    IMG_1603.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 603

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Have a search of the forum this question has been covered many times before and there is a whole king spring ride height thread (that covers the shocks used) thats 4-5 pages long last time I looked.

Personally get the same shocks as the HSVs run there monroe's (don't know what type) and pick any spring with the ride height you want and a spring rate to provide the desired ride comfort. I don't know if you want a stiffer ride or a softer factory kind of ride but there's is HEAPS if information on this forum if you take the time to search it and do some reading.

AZ_SS_WAGON

Reaction score
Yeah dc I know there's a few threads on this topic I know how to search. Personally I was after someone that has a similar setup so yeah thanks your input i guess??

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Personally get the same shocks as the HSVs run there monroe's

Yeah dc I know there's a few threads on this topic I know how to search. Personally I was after someone that has a similar setup so yeah thanks your input i guess??

you asked a very common question so i gave you sarcasm and the best answer possible.

Buy HSV there factory tuned and designed for the best ride with 20s.

I will be buying 2 or 3 way adjustable tein's but you've already crossed coilover's off the list.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
With those 10 inch Rohana wheels on the rear you are going to have to roll the rear guard lips if you drop the ride height in order to prevent serious tyre rubbing - if has not been done already.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
If you don't want to sacrifice handling then leave it as is. Easy! The 20's will be sacrificing handling as is.

Super lows will ride like ****, harsh and the tyres will have poor road holding on anything less than smooth roads.
GT monroe are an average quality shock IMHO. Bilsteins or Koni yellow are the best.

AZ_SS_WAGON

Reaction score
With those 10 inch Rohana wheels on the rear you are going to have to roll the rear guard lips if you drop the ride height in order to prevent serious tyre rubbing - if has not been done already.

Yeah I had the rear guards rolled.