Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spring loading the boot lid...

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Just wondering if anyone has done it so at the press of the remote button the boot lid actually lifts open. Would be good to have when you have your hands full.

(posted in VE and VF sections as I have one of each)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
My VF fully opens with the remote.

Mine doesn't! **** is this something they got right on the VF and I get one that doesn't work. Dropping in to the dealer tomorrow for warranty job if this is the case.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
heavier boot struts would help. Maybe the SS has heavier struts to the Senator? Spoiler would be heavier on the SS I imagine.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
heavier boot struts would help. Maybe the SS has heavier struts to the Senator? Spoiler would be heavier on the SS I imagine.

both mine are very similar. Senator goes up a tad more but neither go all the way up.

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
I am guessing you have the big spoiler...mine does and the boot only opens about 1/3.

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I only have the boot lip spoiler.
Just the last few days I've been returning to the car to find the boot fully open.This is pissing me off.

Y

Yarsii

This is caused by accidentally pressing the boot button on the remote when it's in your pocket ect
There is a BCM rework that can be carried out at your local dealer so that you have to hold the button down min. 1 sec for it to open the boot (same with drivers door boot button). Currently a feather could even open it as you have found out.