Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spring option

SL1CKZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS wagon
Hi guys. I'm new to this, and I think over the years this topic has probably been beaten to death...however here I go.
I have 03 ss wagon, just installed tein coilovers and drove it roughly 200kms and it was quite honestly the worst suspension experience I had ever had, it was like the car went onto pogo sticks soft or hard damper setting. I spoke to the guys o brought the kit off, and they have had a couple of issues with that kit in the wagons. However they have been bloody good buggers about it and I'm returning the kit to them and getting bilstein B8 shocks....they only question I have is what Spring? I like the lower look, but don't want the ride to be too firm as it's a family wagon. I've read H&R and eibach are good options. I've also toyed with the idea of sticking with the FE2, but it sits a little high.
Anybody with any experience or advice would be appreciated!
Cheers!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
just installed tein coilovers and drove it roughly 200kms and it was quite honestly the worst suspension experience I had ever had

What spring rate did you buy? Makes all the difference.

In my experience King Springs have been pretty balls, if you're looking for good ride I'd stick to FE2.

SL1CKZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS wagon
What spring rate did you buy? Makes all the difference.

In my experience King Springs have been pretty balls, if you're looking for good ride I'd stick to FE2.

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah I have no idea what spring rate they were, no numbers on the spring and nothing in the box to tell me either...im guessing the spring rate was to low?? Causing the pogo effect. I was pretty guttered, I've only read good things about tein...but that's ok...ive read better things about the bilstein B8 shocks! Can't wait to go for a go on once they're in.
I might give the FE2 a crack and then if it's too high go for a low option.
Cheers

H

harrop.senator

I have b8s and dobinsons in my vr. Its to soft for my liking so may be good for you. I think heavier springs would out perform current set up but is still comfortable and big upgrade to stock.