Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Springs Vy's

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Just a quick questian Will say lowerd springs from a commodore ute fit a sedan as a guy on ebay has them for sale they look identical to me?

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Throttle body

i have another questian i took my engine cover off my vy ecotec v6, then i unscrew the allenkey head bolts from the top of the throttle body removed the top cover an gasket rubber to find it is black as crude oil an just down right filithy,i have noticed ther a a number of 11 or 12mm head bolts zig zaging along from front to rear is that how i remove it to carby clean it ? thanks guys

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
#1, the springs may very well fit, but id say they would be different strengths and therefore would be firmer or softer and sit at a different height.... ect
and #2, the lid just unbolts via the allen screws and then yes you can spray carbi cleaner into it. one suggestion tho, is that you pull the spark plugs or you will get compression lock from the fluid sitting in the head/valves. i learnt the hard way and nearly burnt out a starter motor. another suggestion would be just to undo the intake pipe (unplug the maf) and spray into the TB with the engine running and bring up the revs while spraying or it will stall.

i did it that way to my wifes VX. cleaned up the plenum real nice.

edit, just re read your post, if its real gungy and oily in your plenum perhaps its time to look at a rebuild? that mess is usually caused by a lack of compression creating blowby and thats what your PCV breathes. and that means your engine is also breathing it.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Nah, ute and sedan springs are all different rates. No good

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Ok well iam quite keen on removing it an cleaning it up properly,an its only done 115.000Kms dosent blow smoke i look after it, well i do my best but thanks heaps im going to clean it now,an ok i wont order the ute springs(things id do if i didnt have this site an u guys to get advice from.)

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
also what about hsv V8 springs will they work in ym Vy accliam?

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Ok well iam quite keen on removing it an cleaning it up properly,an its only done 115.000Kms dosent blow smoke i look after it, well i do my best but thanks heaps im going to clean it now,an ok i wont order the ute springs(things id do if i didnt have this site an u guys to get advice from.)

hey well i have just finnished cleaning it i took the intake manifold an plenuim chamber off with out removing the fuel rack lol sneeky i think lol gunna go take it 4 a spin

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
also what about hsv V8 springs will they work in ym Vy accliam?

front or rear? fronts again will fit, but V8 is heavier than a V6 so will sit higher in the front, rears would be the same between models.

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
front or rear? fronts again will fit, but V8 is heavier than a V6 so will sit higher in the front, rears would be the same between models.

I have superlow fronts already just chasing the rears but thanks mate,so i guess the rears will do fine then ? same just a tad stiffer,also i took the vy for a spin ,an i might say it is much more snappy, responsive thats for sure but im dropping a can full down its neck 2morrow so i can clean the internals a bit And i put a mod chip in my vy an it does f!@# all so i ripped it out Hunk Of S!@# Dont buy 1. Cheers guys.