Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spudley's vt project

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
Ok, so I picked up a neat n tidy stock as a rock ex company car from my mums work as an ex company car.
She's just a plain ol' series 1 VT exec, povo pack (no elecs, no cruise, no ABS, no passenger airbag), but hey, for $4k, she's not bad. I know the sales rep that works there and he's a mid 60's old bloke, who's not a petrol head or a hoon and he's been the driver of this car since they purchased it new in '98. Always been serviced on time thru holden and never been thrashed so should do me well :)

Anyway, these pics are now a few weeks old, and since these I've now painted the interceptor wheels silver, added chrome trim rings, and new interceptor center caps with black wheel nuts, and a VT SS exhaust tip.

More pics will be added as progress goes on, she should be lowered this week, and in the coming weeks have a double din DVD unit, then front and rear speakers, then a 4channell amp as well as a monoblock driving 2x 12" subs.
As an ex-installer I've got a good idea for the boot layout I want and how to do it all, just researching the equipment to go in...

Anyway, enjoy!

Fisherman Beach carpark:
IMG_0215.jpg

Merrindale Industrial Estate:
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

Arthur's Seat Picnic Area:
IMG_0207.jpg

Chapman's Point Lookout (Arthur's Seat)
IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Random patch at an intersection between Rosebud and Flinders:
IMG_0214.jpg

Docklands:
IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

I'll hopefully have it dropped this weekend so the top of the front tyre is just at the guard, and have the rear tyre a little into the guard. Also on the list are whitewall tyres, but not dodgey dudes that cut into the old tyre, the real deal that won't wear off.

Cheers,
Spudley.

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
Quick update, here's a pic of the wheels as mentioned above:
rim.jpg

Also installed some KFC-S702P Kenwood front splits (just fit!):
168673_174464962594560_125765504131.jpg

167620_174466959261027_125765504131.jpg

and utilised all the factory tweeter mount and location as well:
179061_174465592594497_125765504131.jpg

More pics to come as it progresses.

Cheers,
Spudley.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
there's factory tweeters?
did not know that..

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
indeed mate. I have the most povvo pack VT series 1 exec, no passenger airbag, no ABS, no electric windows, very basic.. yet, 6 speaker stereo was standard (4 doors and 2 tweeters in the dash).

Just have a look at the bottom of your A pillars, and they hide behind the litts grille that looks like an air vent. The factory tweeter is next to the factory door speaker in the comparison photo above.

hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Spudley.

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
Ok, one quick update:
Today I got bored and I had to replace my indicator stalk, so while I was there I also did an LED dash conversion. I'm going to replace these globes later as I'm not happy with the 'hot spots', but it'll do for now.

I was cautious of any of the green film showing up with the white LED's, so I sanded it all off:
ea9ea0f8.jpg

Before re-assembling the cluster:
d3169d87.jpg

The end result:
167811_179670812073975_125765504131.jpg

I also put a red LED in the ignition barrel light and the mode switches (not pictured) I'll get my hands on some more LED's during the week and do the headlight switch, heater/aircon controls, and gear indicator.

Also, while I had the cluster apart I also painted the surround, I quite like it :)

Cheers,
Spudley

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
nice find mate! ill have to look out for you... im in the croydon area aswell :)

cheers mate! i'll keep an eye out for you too!
i work in lilydale so usually around there during the weekdays, and back home (near arndale) afterwards.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
any pics at night of the dash??

white lights?

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
any pics at night of the dash??

white lights?

yeah the pic above is actually with the lights on but its in the garage with the door open, so there was also a fair bit of ambient light.
just took a few more before...

NO FLASH:
7be1150d.jpg

WITH FLASH:
7346f462.jpg

Pics aren't the best, just iphone cam...

Also, I've ordered some new bits, and I'll be making a custom fiberglass iphone dock built into the dash sometime soon ;)

Spudley.

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
scored a pair of Kicker 60.2 6" splits off a mate, and some 6x9" to 6" adaptor plates off a magna i did an install in, so put the kickers in the VT shelf, flush mounted the tweeters in the shelf carpet and crossovers in the boot behind the carpet side trims. Makes a world of difference just taking away the rear stage from the bottom of the rear doors and up higher in the shelf, let alone the upgrade in quality and clarity!

Next up is a double DIN dvd unit (cheap ebay $150 unit) for a road trip i'm doing in April. Once I get back It'll be sold off and put a better one in there. I would put a better one in to start with, but the hotels will be raping my cash flow before the trip, and need to get something else in there to keep the missus amused while driving 10hrs a day! lol
Also, dumping it will be put on hold til after the trip as well, due to ride quality.

Pics of the new rear speakers to come soon :)

Cheers,
Spudley