Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeaking Brakes?

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey guys..

had the ALL of the brake pads and rotors done a year ago, i didnt get the best quallity gear... the fronts squeal like a pig now.. was considering getting slotted fronts with new pads as the rears dont squeak and i want some more stopping power

anyother reason they could be squeaking?? under heavy braking they dont but under light and just rolling under 40km/h they do

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
do they look glazed or shiny cos thats the main reason for it.... take them off and hit them with light rub of 80 grit to take the glaze off them

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I was in the same boat as you up untill the 8/8/06. I finaly decided to get my rotors machined and new ceramic bendix pads, But when they measured thr width of my rotors they found that 3/4 were under 19mm and illegal. So then I got all new standard rotors and all new top of the range bendix pads. I havent herd a squeel yet and I feel much more comfortable with the braking capabilities. I was driving around much like you Para not that long ago, if you stomped the brakes she would sqeel like no tomorrow, so you drive around with a light foot on the brake trying whenever you can not to set off that awfull squeel!

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ive got slotted rotors dude thats why i suggested the 80 grit emery tape....slotted rotors cant be machined so just be warey of that cos when they squeel they make all kinds of stupid noises....mine sounds liek they are grinding together sometimes when im hard on the brakes in the city all the time

mischf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
I think you're sposed to sand the pads dude....