Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeaky Brembo brakes on SSVR S2

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Um.. no yourself bro... where in that post did i say that Police upgrade brakes were cheaper?? please read post again, and get off the crack

Obviously the fine art of irony is lost on you.....bro.

You're the one who claimed that your two-bob 'police brake' upgrade are as good as thousand dollar plus brembos. Show us some evidence of that?

Brembos are just 'race brakes' are they? Do some research and have a look at how many manufacturers fit them as OEM. Why do you suppose that is? Or maybe they've got it wrong and should just fit your police brakes?

Get off the crack hey? You've shown your level of intelligence right there.

Last edited:

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Hey guys, new member, like a lot others long time lurker, finally joined. I did the rear Brembo upgrade on my VF1 SSVR in March last year, major squeeling issues, people on the street would stop and stare !! Went through the caliper, pad removal , clean up, reassemble with the copper grease, was all good for a few days then started again. Disassembled again and refitted the pads with PBR anti brake squeal compound and the problem has has totally been solved, no squeal what so ever. Worth a try I reckon

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Found this the other day, does anyone have the part numbers of the revised shims that are included in this techline?
ScreenHunter_010.jpg

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
My brakes had a slight squeak when the car was brand new. That abated in time. When I fitted the rear Brembo's I fitted EBC Redstuff front and rear. No noise and very little dust. I really liked them. I have since fitted some hi-po pads recommended by Brakes Direct. They slow the car amazingly well with very little pedal pressure. I credit them with saving my car being written off yesterday, when a tosser in A Mazda CX9 approached a rounabout on my left, while he was texting. I realised he wasn't going to stop and jumped on the brakes. Instantly deep into the ABS my tyres screached and my car stopped amazingly quickly. He was hard into his bus brakes by that time and came to rest just in front of my left headlight. He looked like he'd seen a ghost. He then preceded to give me a wave, phone still in hand! But his wave made me feel so much better and all was forgiven. Not! F@_&ing A-hole!
Anyway back to the brakes. The rears in particular squeal like a stuck pig with these pads. So much so that people sometimes look when I'm braking. No doubt expecting to see a Volvo . But they work amazingly well. I will go back to EBC Redstuff next time though.

How do the EBC’s compare to the Brembo’s @426Cuda? Initial bite? Modulation? Fade?
On every vehicle I’ve ever had, Brembo’s have outperformed any other brake package. That said I’ve never run anything more than 4 pot calipers. Apart from the dust (lucky the wheels are black) the Brembo’s pads on the Redline are superb. Just wonder how the EBC’s compare.

Last edited:

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
When I jacked the front of my Director and spun the front wheels I could hear the disc pads rubbing on the disc, is this normal

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Um. No..'police brakes' are just the $350 factory option offered on all new VF V8's. (ie slightly larger discs and master cylinder.)

Show me where you can buy Brembo's for that price please.

And as far as Brembo's being for 'wank factor' and 'race brakes' (whatever the hell that means) I'd rather the cheapest Brembo's than your most expensive 'police brakes'

The police spec brakes are extremely good. You might like the Brembo's and I have them on the front of my series 1, but they are far, far from the only effective brake solution for a Commodore. They are on a Commodore for marketing purposes. They help sell cars.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
The fix for the brake squeal on the redlines is to add a copper grease. But even then, after a while it can come back.
Half the problem is a build up of brake dust. I was my car weekly. After first being washed the brakes are silent, but towards the end of the week they start to get a little noisy.
I can't stand the dust so will be swapping the stock pads out for some nice ceramic pads soon enough.

Got em on my current VE Jim and i'm on my second different set of pads and its an issue. I find shims do nothing to help on the rear brembo's so copper grease it has been on piston contact area and down outside edges of pads and it stops it for a while then returns. Before copper grease i was using bendix high temp brake grease and it was about the same as the copper grease. First pads were ferodo ds performance which were really bad re rear, current pads are the remsa's on the rear. On my previous VE i was running hawk HPS in the rear brembos and they were mostly quiet apart from an occasional squeak not the howling I have currently so i may have to go and try them if i cant get this worked out on the current pads.