Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeaky Brembo brakes on SSVR S2

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
I will go back to EBC Redstuff next time though.

How do the EBC’s compare to the stock Brembo’s? Initial bite? Modulation? Stopping power? Fade?
On every vehicle I’ve ever had, Brembo’s have outperformed any other brake package. That said I’ve never run anything more than 4 pot calipers. Apart from the dust (lucky the wheels are black) the Brembo’s pads on the Redline S2 are superb. Just wonder how the EBC’s compare.

Last edited:

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Have you fitted the latest shims to the rear?

what do you mean by latest shims? are you suggesting that there is a revised shim kit for the Brembo Brakes on Redlines?

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
what do you mean by latest shims? are you suggesting that there is a revised shim kit for the Brembo Brakes on Redlines?
Put high-temp grease between pins and top plate. That’s quietened my rear brake squeal down. Takes 20-mins, which includes wheel removal.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Mine is so frustrating and it’s borderline embarrassing. Tempted to take it to the mechanics and say don’t give it back until the brakes are quiet.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Mine is so frustrating and it’s borderline embarrassing. Tempted to take it to the mechanics and say don’t give it back until the brakes are quiet.
Try the high temp grease...it’s simple to do at home and stops it until it washes away...then reapply. I know the dread of the noisy squeal too!

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Try the high temp grease...it’s simple to do at home and stops it until it washes away...then reapply. I know the dread of the noisy squeal too!

Thanks mate might try. How long does it last for you?

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Thanks mate might try. How long does it last for you?
I use really dusty brake pads, REMSA, that are excellent stoppers....but really makes wheels look filthy. So, I pressure wash daily. I don't get a long run out of the fix...but it's like a buck-a-fix. So, maybe 5-6 weeks...

That said, it's a great opportunity to either rotate sides for wheels, or just give everything a good clean. Takes me 15-mins per side, but I am nearer 50 than 40, so it's a task for me.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Found this, could it be beacuse of vented discs they are just a big speaker.

Nice find. It has to be said that the amount of sintered material in your braking compound choice also is a factor. Listen to V8 Supercar brakes... they're big stoppers and the noises made are rarely an issue. I think it can be annoying on our brakes, but I'd rather pull up in half the time, than have the convenience of silence.

Excellent video, thanks.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I used ' CRC Disk brake quiet ' you coat the surface's between the backing plate and the actual pad which is then sandwiched between the two (and not on the back of the plate directly against the pots DOH!! ) and stops the vibration that causes the squeal . It's a pink rubber solution that's sets and does not create a mess . The only thing I would do is too make sure you coat both surfaces thickly .