Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

squeal from engine(vt advise request)

METALLIS

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a problem i have. latley my car has developed a squeal that only gets worse when i accelerate. i took it to the mechanics and he said it was the air con compressor. but the sound doesnt seem to be coming from there in my opinion, it appears to be coming from one of the pulleys. the mechanic said he pulled the belt off and didnt notice anything wrong apart from the compressor. should i get a second opinion or should i trust him? also will a vy compressor fit on my vt?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Get a second opinion, more than likely just a worn belt, replace it, then see what happens. As for the compressor, i know on LS1's they are the same from VT to VY2 and early VZ's.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Mine squeals on start up, holden tell me its the top pully so ill just replace it myself maybe the bearing is gone and squealing?

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
METALLIS said:
i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a problem i have. latley my car has developed a squeal that only gets worse when i accelerate. i took it to the mechanics and he said it was the air con compressor. but the sound doesnt seem to be coming from there in my opinion, it appears to be coming from one of the pulleys. the mechanic said he pulled the belt off and didnt notice anything wrong apart from the compressor. should i get a second opinion or should i trust him? also will a vy compressor fit on my vt?

Is it a supercharged v6, v6 with manual, 5lt or Gen 3 ?

ghoul

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
put some belt lube on the insideand outside of belt and see if this fixes your problem!

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
Could be the bearing in the top pully my mates went it got worse as he got my speed.not that much $$ to replace & you can fit it yourself.