Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeals on wheels

Ad$75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv 6.0
Hi my vf redline squeals every time i touch the brake pedal to slow down or stop, so naturally I thought it must be time to replace the old set. So then i decided to give her the respect she deserved & upgraded the rotors to the dba T3 4000 range also fitted to them for taming the beast are the Bendix SRT brake pads with new braided brakes & finally a full flush & top up with Penrith 10 tenths fully synthetic brake fluid.
But guess what after all the effort & countless hours spent just trying to find matching parts for a vf redline with brembo calipers, absolute mission & the rewards I get for it are??? ...Nothing it still SQUEALS aarrgghh.... Someone, anyone please give me some technical understanding before I have no more hair left to pull out.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
All performance brakes make noise to a degree.

SRT by bendix are good pads but also performance is prioritised over noise and dust.

Have they been bedded in? That can help with noise.

You could try a more street based compound like DBA street series or bendix CT but you won’t get the same performance as they standard pads or SRT which will have better bite and handle high temps better. (If not used at track etc then pointless).

Other than that double check the pads have the weights on top as this helps with pads vibrating causing squeal and brake grease has been used on the contact points of the pads as again this stops some high frequency noise.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It's so common it has a name: The Brembo Squeal.

All my cars over the years with Brembo callipers do it at some point, it comes and goes and it says, look at me, I've got Brembo brakes.

My Merc and my BMW both has 6 pot Bembos and they both squeal on and off as well.

I can live with the squeal, it's rattles and squeaks I don't like.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Did you grease the caliper slide pins, rear of the pads and the little tabs on the pads where they sit in the caliper? This can definitely help with brake noise

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I had the squeal on the same rotors and Bendix pads without counter weights. I complain to the Bendix area o this forum and they sent a pair of the ones with counter weights and the squeal was gone

Reactions: Lex

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
It's so common it has a name: The Brembo Squeal.

All my cars over the years with Brembo callipers do it at some point, it comes and goes and it says, look at me, I've got Brembo brakes.

My Merc and my BMW both has 6 pot Bembos and they both squeal on and off as well.

I can live with the squeal, it's rattles and squeaks I don't like.

My BMW with 6 spot Brembo's does it and likewise my ute. I've got a promotional set of RDA dimpled and slotted rotors on the ute and thought I'd fixed it for about 50km's then the squeal came back, bad same days and other days it doesn't squeal much at all. My wife's BMW X3 SUV doesn't seem to squeal with 4 spot Brembo's on the front but they're a different caliper design than the Redline Brembo's and BMW 6 spots. The wheels stay clean for about 3 stop signs on the ute and to make 4 stop signs without a wheel clean, I brake pretty lightly and light braking in succession seems to make the squeal worse.