Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SquishyShoes' vc commy project.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Soooo... Been a little while between updates. Not much has been done to the car itself, but I have picked up a few bits and pieces.

I changed the dash lights from the factory standard 35 year old bulbs to leds. Makes a very noticable difference (as does the now broken speedo needle).
DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

On a trip to the local wreckers, I found this in the back of a vl wagon, considering my dash needle was busted I snapped it up (for $50 bucks I think).
DSC_0149.jpg

Ended up making one good cluster out of two.
DSC_0289.jpg

(A bit of Scratch X really cleaned up the clear plastic at the front, but probs needs a few more goes just to get rid of a few things I'm unhappy with.)

Another mate of mine has gotten right into hydrodipping and has offered to do my dash switch piece in the Walnut wood grain. So got that pulled out and apart, so I can get the silver part dipped.

Got a T5 box from a vs, missing clutch and tailshaft, and then picked up this:
DSC_0261.jpg

Tune in next time, same Bat Time, same Bat Channel.

Last edited:

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Car looks good mate :) By brothers got a VC, I keep telling him to put a V6 in it haha

So you'd recommend changing the cluster lights to LED's? Do they just push into the original bulb holder?

Cheers

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Yeh, there was a very noticeable difference with the leds, for the gauges I'd dfinitely recommend it, can't quite remember how I felt about the accessory lights, been a while since it was in y'know?
Yeh, you can get little t5 led globes with wedge holder. I just got a bunch from my local jaycar. Cost like twenty bucks all up.
Got a thread for his vc? What type is it? Plans?

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Cheers mate :)

Nah no thread, its just a "L", blue straight 6, 4 spd manual, he's got a sports steering wheel, 17" VR Clubsport replicas, Debadged it, SL/E cluster and the other matching bit (with clock...), atm he is fixing some rust in it, he also is getting a new carby or a reco'd one or something... and he wants to lower it. Its pretty much stock otherwise :)

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Sounds somewhat like what I'm planning on doing... You'll have to tell him to put up a thread and keep us updated. Send pics :)

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Those HSV ones look good mate, I reckon they would suit it nicely. :) Are they genuine? How much did they cost ya?

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Sounds good mate, got em at a good price!
Personally I like the HSV ones over the SLE ones but it's your car.... :)