Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SquishyShoes' vc commy project.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Not much of an update, but I did get my console/dash switch piece back off my mate (who did a stunning job I reckon). The colour's a little light, but i'm pretty damn happy with it.
DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

Price was really damn good too ;)

DSC_0547.jpg

And an action shot I took earlier tonight cause I couldn't resist. (Corza, get onto bonnet struts. So much nicer and easier to work with.)

Last edited:

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
The dash looks good mate :p Yeah we need to go to the wreckers and get the VS guard mounts haha

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Any updates on this mate? :)

Haha, unfortunately not. Had some personal **** come up recently and won't be able to touch my girl for at least several weeks to months. I'll just have to keep an eye on your thread and make sure you update often enough for both of us haha.

Reddave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB
Looking good man, hopefully you can get back into it soon

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Well.
Not a huge update today, but I've been given the go ahead to start doing things again slowly.

I spose to start with, I've picked up a car with the T5 transmission I was chasing. VN paddock bomb off a mate, that the previous owner had converted or something. Got it cheap enough for a conversion, and when I checked the tags at home, turned out it was an Adelaide(?) built Vacationer, factory T5. The previous guy had replaced the clutch or something, so my mate had to adjust and just figured it was converted.
Also got a little vc sl, kinda rusty, but has some of the nicer trim here and there, air conditioning and let me fix my speedo.

Spent the weekend at the shed with my dad, planning out the next five or so months of build time. Also coming up with a few questions I'll have to ask you guys, that I haven't really found answers to online.

Got out there for a little bit today, chucked the lot of leds I had into it.
The few leds I had in it last night worked, but when I chucked it in today I could only get acc lights to light up. Changed the orientation of them a few times. Changed to a different cluster with standards globes and still didn't work. So, I ended up sitting there with a wiring diagram trying to figure out why it wouldn't work, spotted "dimmer switch" in the list, under turn signal, and the light bulb turned on. Must have knocked it at some point getting in or out of the car. Had a good laugh at myself, after all it only took me an hour to turn the lights in the dash on haha.
Also, chopped up the radio facia (the aftermarket one) and fitted that into the original vc console. Figure it looks pretty alright.

Might have a go at maybe rewiring the sound system, adding a new 5 x 7, and maybe putting new locks in the doors if I can get anywhere near that far.

Ok, guess it was kinda of a little long. Haha.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Been a while, but spent the last two weekends doing this with my dad and my brother.

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0693.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

Will get the flywheel machined soon, and a few other things prettied up in the meantime.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So whats going in the, L67 or the buick. I gather you're running the T700 either way?